Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Dreary Days and Dreams

Today is gray and dreary. In fact it's spitting out, just enough to make it miserable and make me want to crawl home and back into bed and I would, except my snoring spouse is there and I wouldn't get any damn sleep anyway...so I'll just stay here and pretend to be a productive member of the office team.

Okay, so maybe I won't be pretending.

I've been having very weird dreams that just go on and on and on....the kind of dreams that make you want to stay in bed forever. Do you see my dilemma? Rainy and cold makes you want to sleep and these saga type dreams are enough to ask for coma inducing meds from my family physician.

On another note...tonight is the night that I've been using as fodder for my dreams (both day and night) for 3 full days. Tonight is the night where my numbers could be picked for a prize of $36 million. That's a lot of millions and here in our great nation, we don't pay taxes on lottery winnings. Well, we do, but only on the interest earned on the cash! So that means, we get it all and if we spend it before we deposit it in the bank....no taxes!

I hear that one of the catches that we do have is the gifting of $$$$...if you gift money, the other person needs to claim it as income and pay taxes on it. I also hear there is a way around this...before you go to collect the $$, make a list of all the people that you want to share in your happiness and have the lottery commission make cheques out to the individuals...that way they are winners too and don't have to pay taxes. If I win, my newly appointed accountant will need to advise me on this one, cause I have a lot of people in my life that could use a little happiness!


So here are some of the things I'll be doing with my winnings...
1) Make a friend/family member smile with happiness at paid off mortgages, new vehicles, cash in the old bank account.
1) Pay off debts of all immediate family members...yes kids that's you too!
2) Taking immediate family off to a fabulous vacation to hang out with these:






then on to see these sights...





and wherever our little hearts desire.

Before we leave, we'll need to get the architect/construction people started on building my house, with the plans that I already scooped from a builder in Vegas.

We'll also need to get someone looking for hubby's dream car's.







Yes, he has a list that I'm not allowed to mess with! Despite my need to be somewhat practicle, he reminds me that this is his dream and we'll negotiate practicality after we win. Whatever!

I love the days prior to large lottery draws...the whole slogan, JUST IMAGINE! is so appropriate.

So what would you dream about?

3 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

I'm with you on the vacationing.
Bought your ticket this morning.
It's burning a hole in my wallet.
It better be the winner.

PS. did you dream of the numbers, cause that would be cool....

11:34 am  
Blogger MP said...

My dream would be a new house with a kick ass kitchen and a kick ass bathroom..w/ a nice soaking tub. My bedroom would have a walk in closet. That is what I want and dream about.

9:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm....I don't know what I'd do if I won the lottery.....



hahahah I almost typed that with a straight face. You know what I'd do? I'd buy the world and make it all about me all the time.

Or you know...become famous, buy a house with a pool, and then find me a sexy spanish man to clean it out wearing nothing...

9:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home