Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My Prince....Deal or no deal?

Well we've determined that Monday night is not the greatest TV night. In fact it's so bad that we've resorted to watching game shows and really bad shows about princes that want to meet women that are worthy of his princely charms...but since he's so worthy he's too fricking lazy to go out and find himself a girlfriend/wife the old fashion way!

The problem with this is that we got SUCKED in! In fact we got sucked in so far that we actually TIVO'd it!!! So far... that I actually went on to the website to find out more about the damn guy and why he's choosing this route to find his princess instead of the more usual way of riding a white stallion through the streets of New York. I mean come on...he's in cosmetics! Why can't he find a woman?? Oh...he's in pet spa and treatments...well on that note I have to say he is frankly the worst advertisement for his own company! One of his adventures on last night's show was a meet the family date of a woman that had a little pug dog and he didn't even glance at the dog! He should have been bringing them doggy bubble bath! One of the other girls had a little yorkie that was also very cute and again...NOTHING!

Anyway, the other show that I am now absolutely hooked on is "Deal or no Deal! Howie Mandel is the host. I didn't recognize him at first without his surgical glove headgear! He's much better looking without the glove and even without the hair!




There's something I don't understand about the contestants on that show! They make statements that don't make sense! One lady coach made a statement that she didn't take the deal because the two top prizes were still up there, continued and when the banker guy offered her 286K she caved and took the deal (I would of as well!) but really the two top prizes were still up there when she caved! What changed! I tell ya, a coach without a game plan is not a good coach! Turns out her case held the million $ prize. I guess that's the draw of the program, getting to watch somebody else make life changing decision (good or bad) from the comfort of your own couch.

On another note....today is Hallowe'en. Here in the workspace this may be the very biggest and most celebrated event of the year. Even bigger than the company Christmas party! Everyone dresses up, brings in the required treats and takes the opportunity to act like young children that have eaten all their nights stock in one sitting and basically no work is accomplished. This year the theme is "The Old West"
My costume, jeans a checked shirt and a borrowed cowboy hat! Not very imaginative! Some of my coworkers enjoy this event tremendously and put time and effort into the planning. I am sincerely NOT one of them! I officially stopped "Trick or Treating" when I was 13 and 30 years later...nothings changed!

Happy Hallowe'en Everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

Hubby and I LOVE to watch Deal or No Deal together..I was ALMOST on the show too..my friend passed all the auditions and I had to send in pictures and stuff and a phone interview, then she got cut for a 9/11 NY Firefighter..Oh well.

8:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home