Monday, November 13, 2006

Applications and Van Stories

Friday the van had her spa day. She got her oil changed and apparently she got her gas tank cap oiled and rubbed as well. Did you know that if you don't have a proper seal in your gas tank that it affects your emissions? I didn't know that!

On Saturday we went out to dinner with a group of friends to celebrate a birthday...Happy Birthday J! The food and company were both excellent!

On Sunday morning I went in to the university with Aimee. Aimee likes to get an early start to accomodate her research and the subways don't start running until 9:30 on Sunday morning, so I decided that she could drive in to Toronto. Now Aimee doesn't have a lot of experience on the highway and Toronto is a big city compared to our little bedroom community. She's a very good driver and her first drive into the big city was "well executed" as she would say! Another couple of times going in with her and she'll be able to take these little Sunday morning jaunts on her own.

So you might ask what I did during that time....Well, remember I told you about my new favorite game show, Deal or No Deal, with Howie and all the pretty ladies? I completed the online application to have a chance at becoming a contestant. It took me 3 hours to complete it! They asked some very interesting questions! I toyed with the idea of giving up a couple of times, especially when they asked me to write a short poem or rap to tell them about me. Instead, I submitted this:

to the tune of Fresh Prince of Belair

Listen to my story cause this is how,
My life is getting better, starting now.
And I'd like to take a minute, you can sit or kneel,
I'll tell you how I became a contestant on "Deal or No Deal"

In Northern Ontario I was born and raised.
Raising children is how I spent all of my days.
Changing diapers, heating bottles and making food,
All whilst dealing with a two year olds attititude.

When I realized that my husband sucked and was no good,
I packed my kids up and moved to a new neighbourhood.
We got a new place and a brand new start.
And that is when I met that man who stole my heart!

Fast forward to eight years later and the time is now.
My three girls are now young ladies and we made it somehow.
I saw a wicked show on TV and I'm taking a chance,
When they pick me to be on it, they'll see my happy dance!

I'll go to the audition in the heart of T.O.
They'll see that I'll do anything to be on the show!
They'll choose me and then I'll choose the million dollar case!
My last words to the banker-"In your Face!"


I had to choose 5 Supporters and send pictures of all of us! I chose Hubby (he's my lucky charm), Aimee (she's the voice of reason) Jennifer (she'd push me on, NO DEAL!!!) Colleen (she's my strength and calming friend in competitive pool) and Dawn (she's the number's gal..that girl could give the banker a run for his money calculating odds!) I think usually you can bring 3 people on but how could I leave any of my best gang out?

OMG, I get excited just thinking about it! One of the questions was asking if you ever posted anything to the internet. I told them about my blog. Not the kind of thing you can leave out. They require total honesty, so let's hope this isn't a "Deal" breaker!

In the meantime...think good thoughts my friends! Maybe, I'll get to be a contestant! Wouldn't that be fun!!!!

Have a great day!
TTYL

5 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

My fingers are crossed for you...same for my gfriend Dina..I'd be on her couch. They majorly keep you hanging..they told my friend they were flying her out on Wednedsay (on a Monday) then Tues told her that they decided on a NY Fireman that survivied 9/11.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

9:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - Too Funny, I applied for this on Halloween!!!!

Thumper

10:35 am  
Blogger Colleen said...

Nice Rappin!!!

10:35 am  
Blogger se7en said...

My mom also applied to Deal or No Deal about 6 months ago, made a video of the family and answered a billion questions. Never heard from them =(

Hope you have better luck!

9:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha! that's amazing! i can't say i won't be a little jealous if you get to be on tv before me though...

4:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home