Friday, November 17, 2006

Van Whisperer from a distance or getting to know Phil and Nic

It's decided, apparently my Father the Van Whisperer is capable of whispering sweet nothings to the van all the way from sunny winter spot!

As you recall from my post earlier last week, directly after Dad suggested that I get to know the guys at the dealership, the van's check engine light came on! Well, on Tuesday evening on my way to pool the dash lights started intermittantly flashing red batteries and emergency brake lights at me...all red and dangerous looking! Aimee and I decided that we would park where we could get a boost and leave early from pool just in case. On Wednesday morning I decided that I would go straight to the dealership and see what they had to say.

I arrived at 7:30 am.

Phillip was there to greet me, "Good Morning, it's not the check engine light again is it?" he inquired.

"Oh no, not this time" I confirmed. "This time we have very dangerous looking flashing red lights in the shape of a battery and emergency parking brake thingy!, but really it's not on now..it stopped when I stopped to get Timmies this morning, I guess she likes Timmies as well!"

Nic looked up from his crossword puzzle, "Can you leave her here with us?"

So, that's what I did. Phil gave me a ride to work at 8:30 (an hour later than I normally get to work, but they needed to make sure that anyone that needed a ride had waited the minimum 45 minutes for the guys to heat up their vehicle and finish their crosswords!).

At 4:15, I got the call. "Ma'am she's ready to be picked up, we've replaced the alternator and belt"

Immediately, the tears welled up in my eyes, my stomach contracted and my cheque book hid in the deepest recesses of my purse!

"So, break it to me gently, what's the damage?"

The response brought the checkbook out of hiding and my tummy did a flip for joy! The tears although they remained become ones of joy! "No charge, covered by warranty!"

When I picked my precious girl up that evening from the dealership, both boys were there to greet me and wish me well in my travels and invite me back to see them again.

So Dad, please understand when I say, "I've gotten to know these two guys well enough and although they've been very nice, stop whispering to the van....or my husbands gonna think I'm having an affair!

1 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Haha, the story is much funnier when you aren't witnessing the horror.

2:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home