Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Truth and the competitive spirit!

I could be said to be very competitive.

I play pool competitively, not very well, but competitively nonetheless.

I joined the football pool at work, again not doing so well. I know nothing about football. My first week I chose my picks based on which city I thought might be prettier, I got 6 out of 16. The second week, I used Hubbies picks thinking he watches the game and therefore his would be an educated guess...silly me, 4 out of 16 that week! Last week I used my friends picks, he regularly plays a football pool and he claimed to do well so, well I'll give him a chance...this week 10 of 13! At no time did I ever say that I know, understood or chose the picks myself, unless I did!

Recently, I joined in a trivia challenge that pits one reader against another for points to win. For me a perfect occasional diversion. I love a good competition even if it's for the simple fun of being able to say...C'est Moi! I WON, YIPEE!
The webmaster of the particular site that is hosting this trivia contest has clearly changed the answer of one of the participants and I'm not really sure why....I asked a question and then a volley of questions about why was I asking this, they had never heard of it..When I read the webmaster's question back to me, it occured to me that he was either an idiot (I really don't think this of that person!) or he really had missed the fact that someone had incorrectly copied an answer from the net (that's what cut and paste are for is my thought!). When I went back to copy and paste their answer into my new message...it was different.

Well, WTF! this basically made me feel like a FUCKING MORON! Mostly for being angry that he changed the answer in what was supposed to be a fun little competition amongst friends... and second that now I feel bad that I pointed out the error in what I thought was a fun forum and now I guess it's not so fun anymore! Clearly he must have been thinking I was picking on that person!

I openly admit that when I don't know the answer, I research it on the internet! That is not cheating..it is resourcefulness! I even stated that in one of my answers.

So, hopefully, my webmaster friend who reads this blog and knows what I'm talking about, recognizes that this started as a game and my calling out the error on his web forum was meant a part of the fun, not to cause trouble and recognizes that the response I expected was a "HaHa...I missed that, too bad my website etc..."

I did not expect him to go back, change a participant's answer and then ask a question back that clearly made me look like an idiot for asking!

So in order to get comments up on my website....please feel free to comment on the situation or on the statement below!


Today, I stand before you nekid (okay not nekid!) and ask....is cheating worth winning and in what circumstances would you cheat?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not Cool Whatsoever
Read Rant

9:53 pm  
Blogger Aimee said...

Play nice now kids...

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt :)

8:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know if i should answer that...

my five year old cousin kicked my ass at monopoly over thanksgiving break and i even tried to cheat so that he wouldn't.


yes, i tried to cheat while playing monopoly with a five year old. i'm going to hell.

2:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home