Monday, March 06, 2006

Wait for me, it's all moving so fast......

This past weekend was a busy one! The girls raced home from University to give the house a sprucing up before I got home from work....Aimee messaged me and told me not to go grocery shopping after work that she would pick something up for dinner...

Can you tell that something was up? Actually my girls have always gone way out and above the call of dutiful daughters when it comes to their Mama Dukes special occasions. This weekend it was my birthday on Sunday. In order to accommodate everyone's busy schedules we started celebrating mine on Friday night. The evening began with hugs all around, yay, the girls are home! Look around, wow absolutely spotless house...(sure that's not how I left it in the morning!)bottom to top, floors and all done by Jen, Matt, Brianne and Hubby! Look further into the kitchen and you will find, lovingly prepared by Aimee and Greg a meal fit for a Mama Dukes if she was a queen! Seafood appetizers to begin, Chicken cordon bleu with parmesan sauce,cauliflower and potatoes! Way too much for one night! You might wonder why all this was done on Friday instead of Saturday, well I wondered too! That was when they announced to me that a party had been planned for Saturday night in my honour. Imagine my surprise to discover that my Hubby found his way to organizing this all without my help! He truly outdid himself!



He ordered the cake





He invited the gang. He got a few pictures.



I got some great gifts!!!

The next day Aimee and Rob and Brianne cleaned up and the house was back to spotless!

On Sunday afternoon we attended a Baby Shower to celebrate the upcoming arrival of a first born child to our friends Kate and Mark

This was a type of shower I have never attended. It was actually held in a rented hall, catered and there were no nasty games where people steal your clothes pins if you say baby. It was actually a very nice time, just a lot more formal than anything I've ever attended. (Kate tells me one of her wedding showers (the one I missed) was the same type of deal...kind of like a Lesbian Wedding..150 of her closest friends, family and strangers to a sit down lunch complete with open bar!) There were probably 30 or 40 people there. The gifts were absolutely beautiful! Looking at the gifts made me wonder how my kids got out of infancy! They got a baby monitor that monitors breathing (motion stops for more than 20 seconds and the alarm goes off!),they got one that sends video of the baby sleeping to a monitor that the parents can watch from another room. They got so many crib activity items that made me think the poor child will surely grow to have ADD and require 24 hour constant stimulation. The gifts were amazing. Everyone was wanting to ensure that this new bundle of joy would have the best upon entering the world.

Here's a couple of pics to give you an idea...











Kate's Mom and Mother-in-Law did an amazing job organizing the event!!

It was a great weekend! Can I get a couple of days off to recuperate..ah, maybe next weekend.

TTYL

3 Comments:

Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday, we had a good time.

Thanks for blogging about the shower, I feel famous!

You guys rock and mean the world to Mark and I. When I got home a got a chance to sit down and look at the book you made for us. I can tell that much love and excitement was put into it. It is absolutely beautiful. I love all the little saying and all the embellishments...I cannot wait to start putting in pictures.

1:37 pm  
Blogger Amy said...

The cake is awesome! Do you know where they got it? My sis is expecting and I would totally get the props if I brought a cake like that.

4:50 pm  
Blogger B said...

happy belated birthday linda!!!!!

i'm such a bad blogger buddy....i've been so consumed with school I haven't checked in on anyone in forever :(

it sounded like a good time though--and as for daughters--we'll never be stealthy enough to outsmart our mothers. you guys know everything, and we only hope to inherit that gift later on in life. that and the gift for humoring our future children when they are obviously planning something--letting them think that we have no clue as to what is going on :)

5:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home