Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Hot and Bothered by Some Peoples Children!

Man oh Man, it's hot in this office. Why can't they regulate the temperature in this building! Certain days we freeze and others we swelter and there is not a fricking palm tree in sight!

I know the title makes it sound like I'm being aroused in ways that should remain unspoken. This is not the case! I'm hot and on another train of thought I'm just damn bothered by some peoples children....including my own!

Let's start this off by saying it's not been a good day. In fact the week started off pretty crummy. I just came back from 5 days off, all in a row. They were enjoyable days off, spent drinking coffee with DD#2, playing cards and creating (I'll expand more on this next week!)so Monday was expectedly yucky. What made it more interesting is the changing of the email system that made it look like I hadn't missed a thing! That was not to be...
Anyway,with my b-day less than a week away, I was trying to blame the recent down mood on the change of life but people keep telling me I'm too young for that! How do they know....?? I mean, frankly, my body could just be saying "Enough is enough, I can't go on.." ooops, put a little Barbara Streisand or Donna Summers tunage to that and I'm definately giving my age away...who am I trying to kid? I talk about my kids and the fact that they are in University all the time...I'm older than 25 okay! Anyway this week the office heat has been blaring and it's not just me! I have confirmation from at least 4 other people in the office (all women over 30, but just the same!) I hate the heat.

So what else is making you down you might ask....well it's people. I have very little tolerance for stupid people...have I mentionned that before? yeah maybe I have. Today while in a meeting, I received a panicked call from DD#3, as soon as I heard her voice I asked if I could call her back. "But Mom, I'm calling from the school payphone...can I go to the mall?" That is what she paged me for. I was defenseless in a room full of people unable to voice my anger and all I could say was no.

She is grounded....the message I got when I got to my desk was this...

"Hi Mom, it's me Brianne...I didn't really hear what you said before you hung up so I just wanted to let you know that I went to the mall and I will talk to you around 5:30. Maybe you could pick me up at the back door of the mall? I found two sweaters for $10 each that I like at Bootleggars. I don't want my belly button peirced anymore so can I have my money?"

no, not grounded, she will be dead.

On another note, a very good friend of our family, "Thumper" has not been taking care of himself and has gotten himself so run down that after blood tests, the Dr's office has called him and told him to report to the hospital for blood transfusion because his hemoglobin is at 55. (norm is supposedly around 135) Please enlighten me as to why a man with a beautiful wife, 2 small children and another on the way would put himself and his family in such danger of loss? He went, complaining all the way!

There are other items that for fear of being "dooced", are much better left un-voiced.

So that is it...hot

and really "SOME PEOPLES CHILDREN!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Thats DD#3 for ya...she really needs a reality check.
Seriously, I would ground her (for real). You need to grow your balls back mama dukes. She should be scared of you.

**Instill fear** <-- your new motto

xoxo
DD#2

6:44 pm  
Blogger MP said...

OK, first of all Miss Linda you say on the right of your blog that you are 42..so you ain't kiddin nobody. It was 74 degrees F out yesterday and 76 in the office. I was complaining too. Normally people complain it's too cold. Yesterday was the first HOT day. As for the kiddies...yes everyone's bother me at some point, including my stepson. I do think though you have to give DD#2 props for sneakiness. "Mom I didn't hear what you said..SO" Clever..something I would have done. And of COURSE..if you are NOT getting your belly button piecered...your parents should reward you with money. Why not jewelry..let her throw a party! Next thing she'll decide NOT to shave her head! :0) Hope you week gets better!

9:46 am  
Blogger B said...

It's been hotter than the third level of hell where I work over at the rec center too! Then again, I just bitched about it as loudly as I could every time a maintence guy walked by and it magically got fixed.

And your youngest daughter sounds like my youngest sister...that I want to beat sense into on a regular basis. My middle one two...if we're going to be fair about the beating, because for the moment, i'm the only one that feels like they're not above yelling at them when they do stupid things.

But hey...at least Brianne doesn't want her belly button pierced anymore :P My sister got her belly button pierced a few years back when she was still in high school...dad saw it when she stretched her arms up over her head one day and told her that "I am,going to permanently remove it w/ a pair of pliers in two point five seconds if you can't make it disappear by yourself" in his scary dad voice.

If you couldn't tell--it's not a democracy at my house--it's a dictatorship. At least that's what Dad says anyways.

But I hope your week gets better! Everyone should have a good week when their birthday is coming up! Maybe we should throw a cyberspace Lindapalooza in your honor???? It could be arranged ;)

6:55 pm  
Blogger PinkCat said...

Boy oh boy the price we pay to have children.

Some mothers do have em.... lol.

Take care

12:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home