Thursday, June 13, 2019

14 Days and counting....

Okay so for this week my inner fears have been put to rest.  Another good week on the scale and some really interesting conversations around the table with my fellow Losers...(meant in a totally good way!)
Everyone is having their struggles and it's good to know that I'm not the only one and if something they talk about happens/or is felt by me...well, I will have some tools to deal with it potentially in my back pocket.  As in any environment with any group of diverse characters you know that there will be positive and negative and because I'm trying very hard to make this a positive journey (okay let's be honest...as positive as possible since let's be real it isn't really fun!) I'm being careful about where I sit and the relationships that may develop.  I feel like the best course of action is to listen, learn and walk away.

On another note...my Hubby is so supportive!  He is doing such a good job at taking care of his own needs that I know that if something happened to me he would be more than ok!  He plans, shops, cooks and cleans for all his meals!   He is allowing me to make this journey of mine all about me!!  Best Hubby EVER!!

This weekend we are celebrating Hubby and his role as "Dad" in the kids lives and our recent birthday boy, Daughter #2's fiance.  We will do it with a gathering of the clan and a BBQ.  It's how we celebrate each other, getting together, sharing and breaking bread!   In the last six months/year celebrations that include food have already been more challenging.  We've had a diagnosis of Celiacs and a couple of folks made a decision to clean up their diet and become Vegan.  Now I have added to that challenge and my girls in support of me are working to take away anything to do with shopping, meal prep or cooking for the event out of my hands.  It's a very kind gesture.  One that right now I really do appreciate, but let's be honest....I will have to step inside a grocery store and cook again someday!  For now, I'm taking this support and trying not to feel guilty about it! 

This weekend I will celebrate my family and their support with my shakes! 
Cheers!
TTYL, FatGirlFedUp



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home