Thursday, June 06, 2019

Done and Done..... this Fat Girl is Fed Up!

Warning....this will be a long one!




This is the start of a very new chapter in my life.   About 9 months ago I finally decided that it was time to find a way to fix my world. 




 Let me explain....my world is in fact a really good one. I am a successful business woman with a job I love.  I have a Hubby I adore, I have three daughters that make me proud beyond belief, I have 4 grandkids that could not be cuter or more loved!  I have adoring parents, a brother and sister in law and two nieces that we are reconnecting with and this makes my heart soar!  I have a wonderful tribe of supportive and wonderful friends that I play pool with, laugh and love with! 


So what's to fix you ask? 




Like millions of others I struggle with addiction.  Many of my addictions I have been able to conquer or control.  I quit smoking a number of years ago- handled.   At one time I had a problem with gambling....never anything that would make me lose my home or kids but it had control over my life and made things unbearable at times.  Thankfully, with love and support from my husband we found ways to make the withdrawal more bearable and I can say today-handled.  


All my life I heard this...."You have such a pretty face...if only you could lose a little weight".   For me it was from the person that as a child I believed I loved most in the world...my Grandmaman.  My Grandmaman was a wonderful, strong, passionate woman.  She raised 7 children, ran a successful business and loved and cared for me every summer of my life while I was growing up and she did it by herself.   I LOVED THAT WOMAN!    Looking back I can see how that one sentence has played in my mind over and over every time I look in the mirror.  The problem was that pretty face had so much other bullshit going on underneath it.  Rebellious and struggling with real issues of my own, like many other people I found ways to cope in the inside of a fast food wrapper.   Making those choices led to weight gain and health issues that are currently plaguing me and it's time to make better choices!


Well back to nine months ago...I had heard about a program that non surgically assisted you in making some big changes and I asked my doctor to sign me up!  After many anxious months of waiting and some persistent calling and nagging I finally was starting the program.


So, what does this look like?   It looks like a lifetime of making better choices that will begin with me choosing to commit to 90 days of protein shakes and water.  Not another source of nourishment shall pass these lips until September. 


Today I'm one week into taking the shakes that will give me the kick start I need to get a substantial amount of weight off to begin with.  This, in conjunction with the doctor and nurses for monitoring my diabetes and over all general health, occupational therapists to provide insight and tips for managing day to day life, psychologists to deal with the reasons I make not great choices where food is concerned, nutritionists and dieticians for teaching us about how to do food right and a super optimistic group of people that are all going through the program with me.  Sounds extreme...not really!  To me this sounds like exactly what I need to start making some better choices.


This will be a very long journey into my very long future!  I'm pumped and  ready for this journey!


Week One belongs to Linda!  Down 8lbs! 







1 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

GOOD FOR YOU GIRLFRIEND!!! Oh how difficult this much be. I just saw the dreaded photo of myself that made me sick to my stomach. Keeping you in my prayers!!

12:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home