Friday, July 10, 2009

Abused and Water Logged

As you know I recently started going to Aquafit...okay it was really recent...as recent as last Monday. It was a very interesting first class on Monday. I completed the class feeling very proud of myself that not only had I gone but I had actually completed it and was actually able to walk and fricking breath without coughing up a lung!

When I returned to work on Tuesday I did a little bit of bragging to some of the girls about how well I did and one of the girls I previously was "boss" to told me she would also be going on Thursday. One of her questions to me about the class was so did she do alot of the suspension work with you this week as well and frankly not knowing what she was talking about I told her that it was more like a cardio workout without the sweaty, kill your knees feeling. Heather just looked at me and smiled.

Today is Friday and I must say I know now why she smiled!

Apparently it was a great thing that I enjoyed the first class. The second class went a little like this with the new to me instructor.

Setting- me in pool at the front trying to be in a spot where I can hear and see what's going on, instructor on deck.

Instructor with finger pointing at me: You, yes you! You new to this?
Me: thinking wholly f*ck what have I gotten myself into! Yes...first class was Monday.....
Instructor: Well glad you came, get ready for a workout.

and what a workout....I tell you that woman took great pleasure at pointing her finger at me telling me what I was doing wrong. At one point she was curling her finger at me as if to say come here...what she really wanted for me to do was move forward so I didn't kick the person behind me. When I didn't understand what she was signing...she yelled at me:

Instructor: curling her finger at me and yelling: "Do you know the person behind you?"
Me: looking over my shoulder and yelling right back:"as a matter of fact I do!"
Instructor: looking at both Heather and me: "well that's good you won't mind kicking each other when our newbie here runs right into you"

Okay so I'm feeling uncoordinated, picked on and fat and sassy in my bathing suit that matches the one my lovely daughter decided to wear....how bad can it get! In my mind I just kept saying it's gonna be over soon and she's only doing this to help me and protect those around me!

Honestly there were at least 20 ladies there all way older than me and I'm positive not all of them was doing things correctly but frankly what could I do? I sucked it up, did what I was told and then suddenly she looked right at me again:

Instructor: pointing finger at me and concerned tone in her voice: "You okay?"
Me: looking kind of stunned to be asked this and calling her a bitch in my head: "Yeah, I'm fine."
Instructor: still same concerned tone: "Are you sure?"
Me: thinking "are you kidding bitch you don't even care, you are just doing this to humiliate me!": "I'm sure, doing fine!"
Instructor: "well that's good 10 more minutes! You think you are gonna make it?"
Me: in my head"f*ck you bitch you can't make me more embarrassed!" : "Thanks for asking! I'm Fine"

Proceed to end of class in change room, Kate my other friend and Jennifer my daughter comment on how attentive she was to me! Now I feel much better as they both say they are glad that she didn't pick on them like she did on me or they wouldn't come back!

Oh I will go back, she won't stop me! I always like a challenge and I always learn quickly in times of high stress:

Lessons I learned:
  1. Front of the class not a good idea in all situations and check with Jen to see what bathing suit she's wearing before next class. Forbid her to wear the same one I have, ever again!
  2. Also, people that you previously were the boss of take great pleasure in watching you be picked on and then proceed to tell everyone that you also used to be "Boss" to what a great time they had watching you get picked on!
  3. If you can't laugh at yourself and learn from all adventures....well hell, what's the point in getting up in the morning!
I'll keep you posted next week on how our next meeting goes.
Have a great weekend folks!
TTYL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home