Thursday, February 21, 2013

a little white paper can mean so much

I generally consider myself a nice person.  I don't usually wish harm on people, but if you cause me or my family harm...LOOK OUT! 

Now that I have qualified that I will share with you why I have been doing the happy dance since last Friday. 

I hated my neighbours.  I called them the neighbours from hell and I wished them gone 6 months after they moved in 12 years ago.  Over the years they had no respect for anyone in the Hood and seriously everyone in a one mile radius felt the same!   They started to party on Wednesday and partied until Sunday.  The music would blare and the addition of copious amounts of  alcohol and rude teenagers made them the most hated!  You must understand that this couple hated each other and with the addition of case upon case of beer and bottle upon bottle of whatever alcohol they drank the arguing got loud, ugly and heard all over the neighbourhood.

The year they bought the huge cottage in Muskoka was the best for us all!  They were away for most of the summer and we all got to enjoy our weekends!  They still partied and fought starting on Wednesday but somehow the fact that they packed it all in on Friday and went away just made it all that much more tolerable.  That was also the year that the toys started to appear, ATV's, a large fishing boat with all the gear, big ole snowblower....expensive toys.

The following year was not as quiet.  Apparently, the price of the toys and the cottage etc was kind of catching up and they decided that they would rent out their big ole cottage all summer and you can imagine what that meant to all of us....more parties, constant deliveries of alcohol and basic chaos again.

My wish for their financial ruin began that year!    In fact, I began to listen to their arguments with excitement, hoping that I would hear words like divorce, bankruptcy, repossession...words that would mean that things were coming to an end for them.  It didn't take long. 

After that summer the Muskoka cottage went up for sale, the boat and ATV's disappeared from the driveway.  Her Lincoln Escalade and his Ford 150 truck were replaced by a used van of some sort...it was the beginning of the end for them. 

Over the last year we had been hearing from various sources that things were financially not well with them...like we wouldn't have guessed that....all the fights in the garage were about money (or lack thereof) and suddenly last fall the sign went up on the front lawn...FOR SALE! 

So you would think that would make me happy right....nope.  I apparently am a vindictive BITCH.  I giggled everyday that I passed that house and it didn't say sold, I inwardly cheered when I saw the moving van pull into the driveway to take them to a faraway place never to be seen again and the sign still said FOR SALE!  Then the sign went away and the snow fell and melted and fell again and then it happened.....

Last Friday, I drove by the house and there it was an official looking white paper taped on the front door.  Could it be possible that the bank has repossessed the house?  I can only imagine if things were out of control before they moved...with rent and bills to pay they probably weren't keeping up the mortgage on that property.... I am too chicken to walk up to the front door to see what it says so I'm just gonna go ahead and do the "Happy Dance" and hope that we have a very quiet spring ahead and that the next people that move in are civil human beings that we can welcome to the Hood!

1 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

I can't believe they were STILL there all this time.. Ugggggg well good riddance. I hope you get some super nice people moving in. .maybe a couple that needs an inexpensive starter home.. w/ babies that will play with your grandbabies!!

1:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home