Monday, June 10, 2019

Weekends, bloody Weekends

This weekend was a battle on many fronts! 


As is the norm in the month of June both of my pool teams were scheduled to play this weekend in competition for a trip to Vegas in August.   Sounds like fun..right!  Truly it was fun to laugh and compete with my both my Ladies team and my mixed team!  They are truly part of the things in life I love dearly and we always have so much fun together.  We have never succeeded in this format to make it to the end but we've played competitively and one day all the stars will align and we will get there.  This weekend was not really any different except that it was the first weekend "out in public" since I began my new journey for my health. 
Honestly, I can tell you that I have the best friends and acquaintances on the planet.  Everyone was so supportive and it made the two days in a pool hall actually manageable.   I'm not going to lie there were times that were difficult!  Particularly since Saturday began at 9am and I didn't get home until 12:30am.   The difficult times were simply about smelling the food that others around were ordering and damn it smelled good!   The Bar staff were excellent!  They helped me with ice and water for my shakes and NEVER, NOT ONCE did they look at me and ask why!  The Owner/Bartender was actually familiar with the program and took time out of her busy day and encouraged me to be strong and brave!  "You've got this" she said to me and honestly it was the most touching caring supportive words that I have heard from an acquaintance and they will resonate with me forever!  Annette, if you ever read this...THANK YOU, your kindness and support mattered!


Both of my teams were knocked out on Saturday leaving Sunday to recuperate and honestly it was a very good thing.    I needed to rest my body.  900 calories is good on most days but on days like Friday and Saturday when there is a lot of activity and not much rest...doing very little was welcome!


So a new week begins and I'm a little weirded out about my weekly meeting on Wednesday.  All I can think about is whether I will lose as much as I did last week and if I don't how will I react?  I KNOW and UNDERSTAND in my head that last week was probably not indicative of what is to come but in the past not losing/ or losing less and less as the "diet" progresses has always triggered defeat for me and returned me to eating uncontrollably.  I'm really working to change my mindset about the scale victories....they aren't the only good indicators that this is working!  I've received so many compliments that I'm glowing and that's likely because I actually feel really good!  I've cut my insulin in half and reduced medication by 4 pills a day!  Those Non-scale victories are so BIG and those are what make me smile when I look at a plate of chicken fingers and fries that someone else is eating knowing that this will likely never be a big part of my life again because I am choosing to learn and adopt better food choices for my future.


That's it for now...  Happy Monday all!  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home