Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ahh!! the sounds of summer.....

Normally, I would say that the sounds of summer make me very happy! Children playing outside, jumping rope, playing hopscotch, a game of hide and go seek at dusk, listening for Mom's to call them in when the streetlights come on and it's too dark outside to make it safe...these are all very happy sounds.

It's already warm enough to be hearing the whirring sounds of air conditioning units (I'm too cheap to turn mine on....it still gets cool enough at night to make sleeping comfortable) The birds are delighting in the fact that food is abundant once more. Our new neighbours across the street are out training their little dogs to do "wonder dog" tricks in their backyard.

Ideally the sound of adults laughing and carrying on in their backyard would bring warm fuzzy feelings of things to come for this time of year.....this is not the case in my reality.

I get to listen to the neighbours from HELL! Yup, them again! Music louder than needs to be, the sounds of some youngster horking up a lung from the hash he just bottle toked and Stupid and his whore arguing over who knows more about pools with the slurs of drunken stupidity! That my friends, is my reality and it's only Wednesday. Seriously, they start on Wednesday and don't stop until Sunday! After all even the Lord took a day to rest and I guess even the idiots next store need a day or two to make some cash to pay for the lifestyle they lead!

Every year at this time Hubby and I dream about getting rich and investing our riches in a new quiet neighbourhood. Don't get me wrong...I love my house, I just hate my neighbours and in rebellion I sit out here in my backyard with my laptop snapping my nails against the keyboard complaining about the gruesome twosome and their ghoulish offspring!

It's a beautiful evening, there is nothing on t.v. worth staying in for. My own children are off doing their summer thing, going out with their men for drives, walks by the lake with frozen treats from TCBY! Even the youngest has got plans to watch a ball game with friends.

Just imagine...that's what I do on a warm summer evening! Imagine winning the lottery and not having to listen to stupidity!

Well, it's just another day in paradise as Phil so eloquently put it....How's your paradise?

2 Comments:

Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Ohh God. Well I hope you win the lottery but if you don't and I don't, let pray they do.

8:55 am  
Blogger MP said...

I'll end up blogging more about my neighbor on my blog eventually..he's got a serious beer problem..but he goes in his back yard drinks, talks..but he is blasting "easy listening rock".. Picture this 60 year old short white haired guy w/ a Busch Beer listenting to Barry Mannilow and Styx...

9:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home