Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Swing Batter Batter Swing!

I've never been much of a sport enthusiast. Never one to get excited about the National sporting events that are always on TV. In fact, I don't even join the bandwagon at playoff times, that is how unexcited I am!

Since my marriage to Hubby, I have been sucked into his enthusiasm for softball and I've brought the girls along with me to become known to the team as the "Fans"

Yes folks, we are the fans! Typically Hubby's ball season starts the first or second weekend of May and we pull on our woollies and head out to the metal bleachers to freeze our butts and tootsies off to root for the team.

This year, walking up to the diamond for the very first game I realized that this team should honestly be named "The Breeders" There were as many "two footers" running around as there were ball players.

Every year for the past four a new "little fan" has been welcomed onto the team and this year was no exception! On Sunday one of our core members MJ couldn't be with us as his lovely wife was being admitted to the hospital to give birth to their second child. Last night he was at ball and announced that another healthy little man was introduced to the world on Sunday evening.

Congratulations MJ and DJ! Welcome little BJ!

The guys have actually won their first two games with some spectacular hitting and pretty good defensive play as well! The new members of this years team are gelling quite nicely and providing wonderful fodder for the girls and I to spend our evenings in gales of laughter!

Good Luck Thrifty! We'll be there all season, laughing behind home plate, I promise!

4 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Laughing?

Why would we laugh? What's soo funny mama dukes? ah haha

Where's the blog you promised me last night? Tee Hee :)

8:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leaving that for you....trying to play nice this year!

8:52 am  
Blogger MP said...

There is something about that description that isn't right.
Freezing...on the metal bleachers.

Here watching a sofball game is all about mosquitos and burning your legs on the hot as fire metal bleachers.

My hubby doesn't play so I don't get those dust filled HOT nights anymore...

Good to hear back from you, I figured you feel off the face of the earth :-)

9:09 am  
Blogger B said...

awww.....it was this time last year that i came to visit.... :(


MISS YOU!!!

9:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home