Monday, March 26, 2007

Sometime soon I'm gonna have to face it....the taxman cometh!

For us, here in Canada, it is soon the time where I have to send the rest of the hard earned dollar to the taxman!

So in the spirit of the season here's a little lightness for the season....

Top 10 Things Overheard In The Tax Department's Call Centre

10. No sir, the government does not want you to pay your taxes in pennies.

9. I have a hard time believing that a man whose deductions include the purchase of a private jet made only $10,000 last year so for the last time... DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER SOURCE OF INCOME!!!

8. Just remember Revenue Canada's motto: Screw us now and we'll screw you later!!

7. How cute... a tax form done in crayon.

6. No sir, you do your taxes every year and renew your driver's license every 4 years, not the other way around.

5. I'm sorry, I'm not sure I follow your "Give me an extension and I'll give you an extension later at my place" argument.

4. Just because you talk to your plants ma'am, you cannot list them as your dependents.

3. I take it that because you have decided to do origami with your tax form that you don't plan on paying your taxes this year.

2. Don't worry sir, getting audited is a great way to meet new and interesting people.

1. Sorry sir. The fact that you use your front seat for business and your back seat for entertainment does not mean your car is 100% deductible.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Taxes are not fun, but I'm glad we can still laugh at someone else's misfortune. I may be bad, but at least I use a pen!

8:14 pm  
Blogger MP said...

tick tock tick tock...I really need to get my taxes done before vacation...add that to the list of things to do this weekend...grone..I know I'm going to owe again :-(

8:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home