Friday, February 23, 2007

What to do when the world is a scary place???

Yesterday Bri woke her Dad up at 3 in the afternoon. This is unheard of, as usually we toss a coin for who has to go wake him at 6 or 7 his regular waking time for my night shift man. Bri was scared shitless and she was crying desperately. Frankly, it scared the shit out of Robbie as well. He had NEVER seen his baby so scared!

A year ago we bought Bri a cell phone. No judgement please! I never would have thought that my 16 year old needed a phone. For me, as a parent it enabled me to keep tabs on her. She's the type of kid that usually tells me where she's going but I don't know her friends that well. Her sister's always brought their friends home...Bri chooses to go out. I digress....back to the original story. We bought her a phone and yesterday she received numerous calls from someone. She did not know this person, she asked him politely to stop calling her. Still he called. She told him not to call...still he called. She stopped answering her phone when his number came up. The calls continued. After awhile they stopped. Then he called at home. Bad choice Pal! He called so many times that it freaked her out! Robbie called "Ma Bell" and explained the situation. The number was not even a number that was recognizable to our fine lady of phones and they suggested various ways to stop the harassment. When he called the next time Hubby actually took the phone, that didn't stop him either!

I didn't find out anything about this until this morning. Thursdays is the day that I go without seeing anyone in my family (except Aimee) for almost a full 24 hours. Up in the morning, out the door to work...after work, directly to pool and usually pool lasts till 11pm or later and by the time Aimee and I get home...everyone is in bed. Friday mornings we catch up.

I can only tell you that I'm disturbed. Deeply disturbed. We have requested that Bri ask a neighbour boy Serge to walk her to and from school for the next little while. Tonight, I'm changing her cell phone number. We've advised her that she's not to be alone at any time and she must be diligent about locking our doors at home at all times! If he tries to break in, our girl Kilo (pitbull) will definitely have something to say about it. Hunny will warn us that a stranger is around and Kilo will take care of the rest.

In the meantime safety is our main concern...lots of evil strange things happening in our little community. One of our friends is keeping her kids home from school today after the threat of violence at her kids high school. Same community different neighborhood.

What to do...what to do?

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Hi Linda..

I'm sorry to hear that Brianne had to go through that kind of a scary experience. I know I'd be terrified of that happening at my age, let alone at 16. And knowing Rob, I can imagine he was none too pleased at the happenings. The kid that is calling must not be aware of exactly what family he is dealing with. Either that, or he is too stupid to care. Either way..hopefully this all comes to an end very soon and Brianne can put this behind her.

1:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home