Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Point Break

I haven't posted in a while, partially because I didn't know what to say without swearing and partially because this whole thing has made me cranky.

So here is the update.....

Shortly after receiving the news of the new boss.....they delivered what I considered the final blow. The blow to end all blows. This was my Point Break.

Rewind to Wed Jan 7th @ 1:44 pm. email that announces that effective the 9th, I no longer have an office. My nice office space is being given to a new person and my coworker and I are being moved into matching cubicles (that I can literally touch the outside walls with my outstretched arms) that they are setting up in the darkest corner of the office.

Thankfully for me, I was in a meeting and my coworker responded first. Her argument was that #1 this place was not suitable for two people that spend 2/3 of their time on the phone and quite frankly we are both loud. She reminded them that they had ordered us laptops and should reconsider the idea of a home office. She also asked if Seniority counted for anything with this company as quite honestly both of us have more than 7 years of service.

When I read this I saw RED! I quickly responded that I agreed and would not be happy with this environment.

This led to some very quick changes in the decision process and we were quickly told that not only could we work from home, they would provide us with installation of a phone line, they would provide us with the required tax forms and along with all of this an apology for their lack of insight into how this would make us feel.

"Nice!" you say....you know you are saying it! I can hear it.

Well let me tell you....today is the 13th, still no laptop, no work order for the new phone line and I am currently in the darkest depths of the office in my new pink cubicle with no working telephone!

Some things are slow to change and others never do!!

I'm still not a happy camper!

1 Comments:

Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Wondering if maybe you work for the same place I do, or are the stupid people just breeding like mad!

12:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home