Friday, January 05, 2007

More on being Mindful

I'm not big on making New Year resolutions, mostly because I hate to fail!

This year I am making an exception after a very trying 2006.

Last year I made the mistake of thinking that everyone that reads my blog, that I joke with in emails, comment on their blogs etc really knew me. Boy, was I wrong! I inadvertantly hurt some people and relationships that I would have preferred to keep! I can't change the past but I'm going to change my viewpoint going forward.

I have, in the past, taken the view that what I post in my blog is purely ranting and should be taken as such. It's not that I intentionally set out to hurt people...I was just venting, voicing my opinion, dealing with my self-realisations, hurt feelings....whatever! Apparently, a personal journal that no one will ever read is the only safe way.

My daughter Aimee wrote a great blog on just this over at Random Thoughts

Aimee offers Challenges to all to think carefully, think even more carefully before you put things on paper, in your blogs etc....this is mostly because she knows how upset I am about the relationships I've jeopardized or destroyed just by opening my big mouth and she knows me well enough to know that I really didn't mean it....I'm just an idiot!!

So, I accept Challenge #4 and all the other ones as well but this one is important to me!!

So here's an especially warm wish of a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you! If I've hurt you someway by my words, written or vocalized...I'm very sorry!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home