Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas Jingles 24-7

There's something about a good song that makes you sit in your car a little longer, puts a smile on your face, a warm and happy feeling in your heart!

Yes, it's true, at least for me it is. Two times in the last 24 hours I have found myself rocking out to Christmas tunes that I just can't turn off and continue on my way!

Last night I had to go to the LCBO (liquor store for you non-Ontarians)to pick up a couple of expensive bottles of wine, Christmas gifts of appreciation for clients that make my days at work exciting and fulfilling...blah! As I pulled into the parking spot one of my favorite Christmas tunes was on...Santa Baby, sung by Madonna! There's just something about a song that expresses all your true wishes in one catchy verse...

Santa baby, slip a sable under the tree, for me
I've been an awful good girl
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight
Santa baby, an out-of-space convertible too, light blue
I'll wait up for you dear
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight
Think of all the fun I've missed
Think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed
Next year I could be oh so good
If you'd check off my Christmas list
Boo doo bee doo
Santa honey, I wanna yacht and really that's
Not a lot
I've been an angel all year
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight
Santa cutie, there's one thing I really do need, the deed
To a platinum mine
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight
Santa baby, I'm filling my stocking with a duplex, and checks
Sign your 'X' on the line
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight
Come and trim my Christmas tree
With some decorations bought at Tiffany's
I really do believe in you
Let's see if you believe in me
Boo doo bee doo
Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing, a ring
I don't mean a phone
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight


I can see myself with all of those things and I just wish Santa would bring me some bling!

This morning it was this song that kept me from enjoying the ecstasy of my cubicle on the 5th floor for an extra few minutes;

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
Don't want a doll, no dinky Tinker Toy
I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
I don't think Santa Claus will mind, do you?
He won't have to use our dirty chimney flue
Just bring him through the front door,
that's the easy thing to do

I can see me now on Christmas morning,
creeping down the stairs
Oh what joy and what surprise
when I open up my eyes
to see a hippo hero standing there


I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
No crocodiles, no rhinoceroses
I only like hippopotamuses
And hippopotamuses like me too

Mom says the hippo would eat me up, but then
Teacher says a hippo is a vegeterian

There's lots of room for him in our two-car garage
I'd feed him there and wash him there and give him his massage

I can see me now on Christmas morning,
creeping down the stairs
Oh what joy and what surprise
when I open up my eyes
to see a hippo hero standing there

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
No crocodiles or rhinoceroseses
I only like hippopotamuseses
And hippopotamuses like me too!

Honestly, I was totally rocking out and feeling warm and fuzzy for the Holiday Season that is upon us!

Most people don't appreciate the radio stations that are accommodating saps like me that like to hear Christmas songs 24-7 from December 1st till Santa drops every last gift off to all the good little boys and girls!

What's your favorite Christmas tune? Do they make you feel warm and fuzzy with Christmas Spirit? Do they take you back to your childhood with memories of that special gift?

3 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

I LOVE the 24-7 Christmas songs on the Radio too!!! And the Hippo song is also one of my fav's.

BUT I'll tell you, there is nothing cuter than listening to Hannah sing along to "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer". That makes me warm and fuzzy. WAIT...not the idea of my mom (or Neil's mom) getting run over by a reindeer - simply the sound of Hannah singing.

AND...I love any song that includes the Muppets singing!!! They sing the 12 Days of Christmas and it's absolutely the BEST!!! I've got in on my Christmas CD. You might actually hear it playing on Saturday!!! Nothing brings me back to my younger days like Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy!!!

9:43 am  
Blogger MP said...

I love: Baby It's Cold Outside..that duet you hear.

Chestnuts Roasting..only sung my Mel Tormet.

Bing Crosby: White Christmas

It's Begining To Look Alot Like Christmas...

Those are some of my favorites.. PLUS I love the Canadian version of the 12 days of Christmas, I can't think of the hoser's names right now..On the First Day of Christmas my true love game to me, A Beer In a tree.

11:20 am  
Blogger MP said...

Of course I was thinking about this last night..Judy Garland signing, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas in that red velvet dress..From Meet Me In St Louis. And being from St Louis I cry like a baby EVERY time!

9:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home