Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Goodbye 2006, Hello 2007

Let me start off this post by saying this:

I hope your holidays were lovely. I hope you had an amazing Christmas and a fabulous New Years celebration with your friends and family!

My holiday season was absolutely wonderful, spent with my family and good friends! It was another year of excessiveness in the gift arena...but OMG such fun! We were all spoiled!!


I'm very glad the holiday season is over and we are getting back to some semblance of normalcy. All right, not a productive normalcy, but normalcy all the same. I've been back to work for 6 hours now and have managed to delete/respond to over 200 emails, checked out the new site for my meeting tomorrow and planned 2 meetings for this week...ya, not so productive!

I have, on the other hand, done the following:

1) caught up on everyone's blogs and noticed that everyone either had a wonderful holiday season or has been busy like myself and not updated since well before the holiday season.

2) booked an appointment for a manicure for this evening so that I have nice nails for my meeting tomorrow with a new client

3) surfed the net for interesting and fun things to do while on vacation this month in Varadero! (more on that later!)

4) payed bills online

5) spoken with everyone here that I care to speak with about their past holidays

6) had leftovers for lunch (feeling very sluggish now)

7) created a new Avatar (isn't she pretty!) and added her to my blog

8) made a list of things I need to remember to bring on vacation

9) made a list of things I need to remember to leave for the girls while on vacation

PRODUCTIVE in a totally unwork related kind of way,don't ya think! I'm sure my boss would think so, but I don't think he came into work today and if he did...well he's decided that he doesn't need to talk to me!

I'm not even feeling guilty about this! Lately, I've been feeling very unrewarded by my employment! Clearly, for me a regular paycheck just isn't cutting it anymore. I think I need to take a good hard look at how I can get further monetary satisfaction from my current position as I'm feeling old and uninspired to look for something else. I have tried over the last number of weeks to "win the lottery", to no avail! In fact, the $10 I did win, got spent on something so minor that I can't remember where it actually went!

(minor work interruption, but I'm back now)

On my way to work this morning, I decided that I couldn't be a stay at home type of person unless I had ALOT of MONEY! I was so bored at home when there weren't a million gifts to open, huge dinners to prepare, unclean house to get back in order or numerous guests to entertain...which was in fact most of the time! I loved spending time with my family but frankly I think they were all glad to wave me off to bed last night knowing I'd be heading out to work this morning and they wouldn't have to entertain me one more minute! Ahhh, the joys of being truly loved! They did entertain me for a whole week with little complaint and even less downtime and for that I'm grateful! So, the loads of money I would need would be to keep me in somewhat costly activities that would keep me busy and don't include blowing my brains (or those of the ones I love) out, all over the new dining room chairs!

Any ideas on how to supplement the old pocket book without requiring me to sell burgers at the local fast food place or sell drugs/my body to young strangers in my spare time would be welcomed! This would seem way to much like another job that I would just HATE!!!

This is just another form of Early Retirement Planning and all are welcome to offer up suggestions that could be used in the VERY near future!

I'll post pictures of Christmas and New Years activities if Aimee sends them to me so that I can use them! hint hint....or maybe you could all just go over and bug her to upload them to her website for all to see! That's an even better idea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home