Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

So today is Valentine's Day. Not a normally celebrated festivity in our house. It has always been my opinion that Hallmark sucked the romance out of the occasion and therefore why bother.

In accordance with what all parents are supposed to do....I bought the cards so the kids could distribute them to their little friends in school but once high school hit and the romances became more serious...I opted out and the girls were on their own!

Brianne is still very young at heart, her 16 years have not taken her sweetness away. She still romanticizes about the whole occasion. If only she had a boy that could steal her heart and kisses and ply her openly with expensive gifts and dinners out!

Aimee shares my opinion of the hoopla and pays no nevermind, but suddenly finds herself in dilemma world having a new man in her life. When she stated she "didn't do Hallmark holidays" he firmly stated "too bad, I do!" So poor Aimee is in a quandry...what to give a guy that although she's liking him more and more each day (that's Mom speaking) what the hell do you buy?

Jenny, ah my sweet Jenny! She is truly the romantic in the family. This morning I awoke to 3 feet of snow on my van and Valentine's Day gifts on the dining room table for everyone! She bought everyone a small gift and a card! I got cinnamon hearts, probably my most favoritist candy in the whole wide world!!!! Jen's gifts are always thoughtful and sweet. I'm not sure how she got to be this way, but I guess they say that you either become your parents or you become the exact opposite. Jen is my opposite...she is everything I am not on many subjects. Our main values of trust, caring and respect of those around us are the same...some things are just way to important! On trivial issues such as Valentine's we are exact opposites.

From Hubby this morning, I got the rest of the driveway that Aimee hadn't already shoveled done and a kiss. No card, no gift.....why you ask?

BECAUSE HE LOVES ME EVERYDAY! and he shows it as well!

Happy I Love you EVERYDAY Husband!!!

To the rest of you that celebrate this Hallmark tradition....I hope you get everything you expect!!

TTYL!

1 Comments:

Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

We don't do V-Day either...maybe yet another thing young grasshopper has picked up from you.

You're girls are so great...you've done well.

12:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home