Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Papa don't preach....I might laugh way to hard!

This morning my Mom surprised me with a catch up call!

As you know, my folks are lounging away in the Southern parts of the U.S. of A. It seems Mom had a break from boccie ball, swimming, lawn bowling, exercising and all that stuff and because she loves me, misses me and I make her laugh, she decided to reach out and touch me! I couldn't have been more pleased. It seems they are enjoying themselves, keeping busy and definitely doing some soul searching. My guess is her call was to put me in the right frame of mind for the emails she would send me next.....

As my Dad grows older there is no denying that he is mellowing. He has moved from the staunch, opinionated, conservative banker that he once was to a much more laid back, still opinionated, still conservative (or so I thought) kind of guy (and I use this term loosely!) that my Mom is enjoying retirement with.

Apparently, he left as my Dad and will come back as......
Edna From Big Blonde and Beautiful (Hairspray)

Mom hasn't confirmed it but I think I shall still call him Dad...I hope the change doesn't require too much counselling for the grandkids. I mean my girls will be accepting they are older....

Not too sure how the little neices will react!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better believe it I went to bed with her for the last two nights (Beware).Daughter in law said to husband, she always thought he looked like me but now was not to sure.LOL its fun
Mom

8:05 am  
Blogger MP said...

OMG...once I got rid of the Yahoo and Google Toolbars I can comment again!! WOOOO HOOOOO

PS, your dad is HOT.

2:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home