Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Counting my Blessings

And there are many!

I recently celebrated a birthday. It wasn't a special birthday. It was a run of the mill normal birthday, but, I recently decided that when you get to be my age every day should be celebrated! Hell, why wait till you get to my age (which is 44 btw), do it now Friends....celebrate everyday!

Kiss your loved ones everyday! Tell them just how much you love them!

There are far too many unknown events that happen in a day to risk not making that small little gesture.

We've been getting some fierce weather around here lately. Alot of snow and cold and winds that are causing whiteouts that make driving very dangerous. Just yesterday there was a pile up of more than 75 cars on one of our highways! You know that means at very least 75 people were at risk as drivers....what about passengers...who knows how many people that adds to the mix!

Another thing that comes with winter is ice and apparently ice flying off one of the world's tallest structures in sheets the size of a dining room table and one inch think onto the highway below on passing cars is also considered a hazard!

In the meantime one of our main artery highways....closed!

Another reason to tell your loved ones that you really do LOVE them everyday is cause they spoil you on your birthday!

Let me tell you I'm living proof of this! I got SO spoiled on Monday. My girls decided that despite having the office in the basement....this was just not conducive to good work space for their Mom....they convinced me that it would be better to leave that as a work center for scrapbooking and Brianne's computer access . So, in a joint decision to make Mom comfy in what used to be our dining room, now just a reading room...they bought me a beautiful desk for my birthday! They cleaned the entire house! They made me dinner... complete with cake!

My girls are AWESOME!!!!

So remember folks count your blessings every day! It's worth it in the end!

5 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

You're worth it :)

Love you
xoxo

6:00 pm  
Blogger Colleen said...

YOUR GIRLS ARE AWESOME!!!

I don't know who's luckier to have who!!!

Actually, that's easy...I'm lucky to have you as my friend!!!

Happy Birthday to you!!!

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

3:46 pm  
Blogger B said...

Keep an eye out in your mail...I sent you a gift, though it was sent kind of late b/c I was dealing with my daily life crisis...it might take a week or so though...it's kind of heavy.

12:00 pm  
Blogger MP said...

I have been trying a million and a half things...my IT at the office said I have too many tool bars for blogger..I'm doing this w/out a took bar. Watch me make a comment..and watch me not figure out how to do it again. Oy vay..

And yes...I ALWAYS am thankful. Reminders are good though.

2:27 pm  
Blogger se7en said...

yeah, I see what you mean about the ice and snow, eeeep! That's quite the pile up too!

Congrats on the B'day and the new desk! =)

3:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home