Sunday, April 22, 2007

Mouse in the.......

VAN!

Hubby borrowed my van to take his wall of beer cases back to the beer store today and when he got back he excitedly came and got Aimee our resident rodent expert to see something that was in the van.

I was sitting out in the freshly manicured backyard enjoying a beautiful Sunday afternoon and all I could hear was squeels of laughter coming from the driveway in the front of the house.

"OMG! It's alive Rob!" yelled Aimee

"I know, that's why I came and got you....don't tell your Mom she's gonna freak!

All I could think of was that there was some kind of awful critter in my van!

"Whatever it is,get it the F*CK outta my van right now! Quit dicking around! I can hear you giggling! Stop right now and get it out!"

I was right! Rob picked it up....and then he disturbed my quiet little interlude in the backyard by bringing this pink, hairless little thing to show me. It looked something like this

In fact it looked alot like one of these!

I'm freaking that there may be more! How did it get there?

Rob and Aimee couldn't stop giggling. Aimee did the humane thing and put it out of it's misery. It wasn't going to live without it's mom and I sure as shit wasn't going looking for her!

Thanks Aimee!

ps Rob....NO YOU CAN'T BORROW THE VAN ANYMORE!

3 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

L-O-V-E-L-Y!!!!!

I have the willies just at the thought!!!

12:25 am  
Blogger Aimee said...

Ah hahahaha

It's still funny until it is a confirmed rodent problem...then not-so-funny. But your reaction to our antics is hilarious
So for now...

ah hahahahahaha

The most not-funny part: I'm going to hell for killing another poor innocent animal...*tear*

8:25 am  
Blogger Heather said...

Oh Linda...I feel your pain. Or rather, my mom feels your pain!

She has been struggling with a rodent problem in her basement for the past three weeks! On the positive side, prolonged rodent exposure seems to make one not as fearful of them as they were at the beginning so...here is to hoping that it was a one-off experience but if not, I'm sure you will become very good at "removing" them! My mom could give you some advice! LOL

3:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home