Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Suspended and not in mid-air

So the 16 year old Wonder-Brat is up to no good again!

Oh, but I do love her so! She is hilarious and makes me laugh!!!

Last week the phone rang and it was the VP of her school calling to inform her that due to the situation that transpired earlier in the day....her presence was required in his office at 8:15 the following morning. The side of the conversation that we would have heard had we been home:

Un-huh
I understand
That's not really how it happened!
Okay, do I have to tell my Mom?

Well, she told me, but it was prefaced with some long drawn out story about how she really didn't swear out loud at her cooking instructor! She really only swore under her breath when she was far away from him!

She did tell me the whole story....it wasn't pretty but it was fricking hilarious!

I can't go into too much detail here as I really can't intrude on her privacy too much since her Grandparents read this blog.....and well, I promised her that if I blogged about it....well I would proceed with caution so as not to influence their opinion of her as the FAVORITE GRANDCHILD! LOL!!!

After I caught my breath from laughing so hard, I doled out the following warning...IF you get suspended for 3 days (that's the max punishment for having a potty mouth with a teacher that doesn't like you anyway) You will be a VERY sorry teenager....this is a great lead into summer don't ya think!!!

Fast forward...next morning 8:35

Phone rings....

Mama Dukes?
Who else answers my phone Brat? So, what's the verdict? Are you suspended?
Yeah, for tomorrow only....
Okay, well tomorrow you will be working for me! We'll talk more when you get home! Bye
Bye

So Wonder Brat cleaned my laundry room! She did everyone's laundry (washed, dried, folded and put baskets by their door) She did it with a smile on her face and a hop in her step she told me! Just because I was so understanding about the situation and didn't ground her for the rest of her 16th year!

Ah, what can you say? Take the good with the bad! The kid scored an honour's student certificate last semester and she's passing math this semester with marks in the high 70-90's. Mama Dukes word's of advice....inside voice when using the potty mouth around people of authority and keep up the good marks in school and alot may be forgiven!!



2 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

Bummer you can't share the funny story. WOW I would have had my butt beat if I were ever suspended. But then again my mother didn't have a tolerence for potty mouths ..retired teacher, doncha know.

8:51 am  
Blogger B said...

hahahahaha apparently it was a brianne kind of day yesterday.

give her a high five for me ;)

11:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home