Thursday, May 24, 2007

The nerve of some......

As most of you know, I've played pool with my Ladies Team for a number of years now. We originally started in the mixed division and moved to the all ladies division when it was formed. We played 8 ball and we were "FINE"and by "FINE" I mean we ROCKED! We went to Vegas two years in a row to represent our division, our city and since we were the only Canadian team in the Ladies Division of the APA, we represented our Country. And let me tell you....WE DID A FINE JOB! The first year in Vegas we finished 9th out of 65 teams. The second year we finished 5th.

Since then the Ladies league has disbanded for lack of interest from our local ladies and we've moved into playing 9 ball on the same regularly scheduled night. In 9 ball, we have not faired quite so well. That's okay with us, we continue, because most of our team members have commitments other nights of the week and we really like each other, so it's our night out. Another session is coming to an end once again all we can hope for is a chance at the playoffs through the drawing of a Wild Card, but I've registered the team for the upcoming session in hopes that with more practice, fewer teams in the summer and a little luck...well you never can tell about these things....

Anyway that's the background. Last night I got a call from Colleen informing me that we had pulled the wild card for another team that I'm on and she mentioned that the league operator had said the following:

LO: "So, I can't believe that your 9 ball team signed up for another session! You guys are awful!" giggle giggle

I think Colleen said she just kind of looked at her incredulously questioning if she had just heard her correctly!

Here's my initial reaction:

  1. WTF! Are you kidding me? How dare she say something like that to a team that has supported her fricking league for many years!
  2. So does that mean only good teams are allowed to play in her league? and if so, who the fuck would they play if only good teams are allowed to play cause it seems to me that if you lose you are considered "awful"
  3. Should we go out and find another league to play in?
  4. WTF!
  5. WTF!
  6. GFY LO! We'll show you who's awful!!
Alright now that I have that off my chest. Tonight our last regular night of play.....we will go, we will play, we will have fun and although we will still finish close to last...We will hope for the WILDCARD so that we can kick ass in the playoffs, get to regionals and kick some ass there as well and go play on her dime in VEGAS!!

So there LO, we'll show you who's awful!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

spit in her eye...said in my cowardly lion voice

2:17 pm  
Blogger Jay said...

That's awful.
Seems to me that the two major reasons to join any league are to improve your game,a nd to have fun, and that seems to be what you're doing...what the hell?

12:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home