Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Rainy Days and Tuesdays.....

We awoke this morning to the sounds of what seemed like the world coming to a very loud and boisterous end. Man, spring is always ridden with storms but this one woke even me...the Queen of Sleep!

As I lay in bed listening to the rain, the huge thunder and watching the lightening brighten the sky to the point of thinking it was daybreak, it occurred to me that "I am truly blessed.

That's right Folks, TRULY BLESSED! I read allot of blogs on the net and I've grown quite attached to sneaking into the lives of these strangers that share the good and bad in their lives in an effort of making it through another day. From some I've gained strength and knowledge of how to cope with the shitty little things that happen. From others I've learned coping techniques that help me maintain my sanity. Others have just made me smile! Those are the blogs I find myself returning to everyday, multiple times. I get to read all about the event that are making them happy and in turn I feel just that little bit happier about my perspective on things.

So some of the things that make me feel so blessed (just a partial list folks!)
  1. My fabulous children, Jennifer, Aimee and Brianne
  2. My loving husband Rob
  3. My caring parents and the fact that they are in great health!
  4. My fantastic friends
  5. My furry friends Kilo and Hunny
  6. My wonderful home
  7. My interesting job
  8. My great co-workers
What are your blessings and have you considered them today?

Anyway, it started out as a rainy day but the sun is shining, the breeze is warm and it's gonna be a great day!

4 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

Yep, it's always good to count your blessings, you hate to take them for granted.
I'm very thankful for my loving crazy husband, my aging silly crazy pain in the neck parents, my xbox,ds addicted step son, my fuzzy little kitties and my husbands entertaining family.

..and my ability to read and have a great imagination. Thank you GOD!!

3:08 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

Being grateful for the wonderful things in your life is an amazing thing and something we don't take time to do often enough.

So hmm..what am I grateful for? Well, obviously my wonderful husband and the amazing baby growing inside my tummy. My trying but sweet Beagle, my awesome mom, my always-interesting family. My best friend who seems to know me better than I know myself at times. Oh, and how about good playoff hockey?!

Yep..there is lots to be grateful for!

3:35 pm  
Blogger B said...

can you fed-ex me some of your optimism and sun shiny attitude? i could use some about now...

2:36 pm  
Blogger Jay said...

Good for you!

Today I am grateful for: 10 typey fingers, great big bottles of water, and pushpins.

9:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home