Sunday, May 20, 2007

Boring...this is sooooo Boring!

Here I am in the very middle of the first long weekend of our Canadian summer, a time where the kids think alcohol will keep them warm at night in their tents/cottages, husbands go off to play with their friends for the annual drishing weekend and all of my girlfriends are off doing their family thing.

I'm so Bored. I had made plans to go out yesterday with a girlfriend and do a couple of sessions of Bingo at the local Indian Reserve where it is cheap to play ($30 covers everything!) and the prizes are till pretty good. She backed out on me at the last minute (again!) I really should know better than to make any plans with this person, she tends to do this if someone offers her something better to do or even if she just doesn't feel like going. I mean honestly, she may have had a good reason for dumping my ass yesterday, but she's stood me up so many times before, I should be used to it.

So what did I do? NOTHING! I sat at home and watched TV. Mission Impossible 3 to be exact. Don't get me wrong , I like my own company but I was so glad when Bri and Bronwyn showed up from babysitting to at least to bring a change of pace. I actually went out to get them McD's. After dinner they had a couple of boys over and I went to my room to watch more tv so that they could have a place to watch tv with the boys.

Today, I will clean and get ready for going back to work on Tuesday so that when the rest of my crew comes home on Monday, I can just sit and listen to their noise!

4 Comments:

Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Sounds like our weekend. Sorry you got dumped, you've been Ron Dorvaled!

Maybe we can get together the next long weekend.

10:38 pm  
Blogger MP said...

Happy Victoria Day!
Is that what you say??
:-)

9:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doing nothing is fun, and a luxury for me. It's vicky day in Canada?

3:07 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

How sad is it that "You've been Ron Dorvaled!" is now a part of our speech! But yeah, although a little free time alone is never a bad thing, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing! I hope it was relaxing, nonetheless!

4:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home