Friday, August 18, 2006

Half a Fence and other unfinished projects

We have become that family....you know, the one that starts projects but never seems to get them completed!

We didn't mean for this to happen, life and laziness just seem to get in the way. Last year, my wonderful husband and children gifted me with a fabulous new family room in the basement...you know the one, I blogged about it. Well it isn't completely finished, in fact, it still really has quite alot that needs to be done. We are basically cheap. Baseboards are expensive. We got a lock on some 4 inch oak baseboards from a demo way up north for free from my future son-in-law Greg. He's bringing them down in his next u-haul trip, just as soon as Husband measures the room to tell him what to bring. The desk I want built to finish my office is still not done and it looks like I might have to bite the bullet and actually go out myself, get the wood and build the damn thing myself if I want it done! Currently we are using an old table and the boxes are piling up..the room is starting to look like the U-Stor-it down the street!

A couple of weeks ago (okay maybe more!) I got a great deal on ceramic tile! It is absolutely fabulous! On Saturday morning Aimee and I went to Home Depot to take a How-To course on how to lay it and the guy there was absolutely FABULOUS! So Aimee and I bought the stuff to start the backsplash in the kitchen. He felt this would be a great place for us to start, followed by the bathroom floor and then the piece de resistance...the kitchen floor should only be started when we felt like experts! We haven't moved on that project since!

While we were learning how to lay ceramic tiles, Husband was digging new post holes to replace the gate and fence at the side of the house. Three new holes and posts cemented in and that is where that project sits! Still no fence or gate! It looks like that project might not get finished this weekend either. We are busy people you know and we all have previous commitments that we just can't get out of!

Man we suck! So much to do....so little ambition!

TTYL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home