Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Oh Baby Baby! Them some hot boys!

Can you tell by the title that my attempt at creating misery and hardship, teaching responsibility and work ethic have failed miserably? Okay, maybe not miserably, we may still meet the goal of teaching responsibility and work ethic...but the misery and hardship thing....not so much!

15 Year old girls find a way of stifling their mother's hopes and dreams of success! I don't really know how. I don't consciously remember attempting this when I was 15 but I'm almost positive that I succeeded as well.

I'm actually pretty proud of my youngest girl....

Brianne did her first day at KSM Day Camp volunteering yesterday. She got up early, ate brekkie, made her lunch, packed up some water and headed out for the bus. She was pretty confident for a kid that was heading out to a new situation. This type of bravado is something I didn't pass down! This must be a learned behavior obtained from her sisters or her dad. She called me when she got there (yes she got her cell phone back for daycamp use if needed). We chatted briefly and I didn't hear from her until 4pm and this is how that conversation went.

Day Camp Hellion(DCH): Hi Mom, I'm on the bus heading home.
Mom: So, how did the first day go?
DCH: It was so much fun! Mom, there are sooooo many HOT GUYS volunteering there!
Mom: That's nice...okay then we'll talk about this when I get home. Glad you had a good day!

When I got home that evening, I listened to the ramblings of a happy enthusiastic day camp leader that is my daughter! Brianne and I had our first civil conversation in days as she told me how she got her camp name Pinkie(pink is her fav colour) and how a little 5 year old sticks her little pinkie up and says "Hi Pinkie" every time they pass. For her first day at camp she assisted with the 9-10 year olds and they made papier mache masks and she came out with a great feeling of accomplishment!

First day of volunteer camp
Return trip on bus $5.00
Required one piece bathing suit $30.00
Watching my little girl become a responsible happy young lady PRICELESS!

I can't wait to see how the rest of the week goes!

3 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

Well...Gotta tell you. You screwed up here allowing a 15 year old to volunteer at a coed camp. Didn't you realize there would be hot guys which equals late night sneaking phone calls, next thing you know she is climbing out the window.
:-)
Did I mention I don't have daughters, I just was one.
(you know I'm just giving you shit)

9:29 am  
Blogger B said...

oh....i miss my first year of camp and how i was always excited to go to work....

tell her to enjoy it!!!

10:16 am  
Blogger Colleen said...

Like I said...sound like some good stories will come out of this learning experience!!!

Glad the first day was such a success. I hope for her sake, despite the HOT guys, she keeps her focus on the job she's there for!!!

10:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home