Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Yes, I am alive and relatively well

Man oh Man things have been very busy around our household! The girls came home from University and this makes Mommy very HAPPY! Having the girls around is truly enjoyable on most days but having 5 people in the house again is sometimes a strain. We are all still adjusting to each other's routines! Brianne is probably the most disrupted because she suddenly has 3 moms in the house and she's told me so often that I'm far more Mom than any 15 year old needs! Early in May we had a guest visiting from the US. This was alot of fun, visiting all the tourist attractions in Southern Ontario in one week is alot of fricking work! We did CN Tower, Niagara Falls and MALLS...yes I did...I went up the damn tower and I shopped the damn malls. My favorite was going to Niagara Falls and going on the Maid of the Mist! Absolutely magnificent! I would encourage anyone that is planning a trip to that area to spend the $14 CDN/person and do it! I sent visitor off to Casa Loma with another friend (cause I could barely walk and needed to rest) That week Aimee and Jen started new jobs and were unable to join us for most of the sightseeing. Aimee took our visitor out drinking in T.O. one night to meet more blogger people. They had much fun!
Back at work for me after that and after a week away it's taken me this long to get caught up again (okay maybe exaggerated a little but almost!!) Throw in the need to find a new vehicle so Hubby doesn't die in the hotbox we have until now called a van. We succeeded with a lot of help from my Dad! I will be the proud owner of a new to me 2002 Kia Sedonna! We are very proud of the fact that both of our vehicles were created in a year that has a 20 in the front of it! The new vehicle is passed on to me from my Dad! He's bought a brand new Kia Sedonna for him and for me, an extended warranty that will make it so I still have warranty after it's paid for! HOW FUN IS THAT! Now don't get me wrong...I'm buying it from him, but at a better price for much better value than I could ever expect to get out in the market!

THANKS DAD!!!! We love you and appreciate your assistance!!!

The new van will be taken on its first roadtrip on Friday. We'll be going to Oshawa to watch Jennifer graduate with Honours in her Bachelor of Education program. A very proud day for Mom and Jen!!

Besides all this, Hubby has been drishing and started ball, the neighbor's from hell have bought a trailer and for the most part the weekends have been thankfully quiet except for their kids that they insist on leaving behind, we have helped our friends move, we have completed another session of 8 and 9 ball with relatively no success.

So, yes, I am alive and relatively well!

2 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

I've been checking in on you and figured you were busy being super mom. On my list of places to visit is Niagra Falls. I think that just looks awesome. Sounds like you are having a blast!

9:17 am  
Blogger Colleen said...

What do you mean...no success at 8-ball and 9-ball??? I take small offense. Of course, our 8-ball success is still to come next weekend...and how could we not have success at 9-ball with my 17% win and everyone else's ass sucking (expect yours Miss MVP)!!!

Congrats to Jen!!!

2:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home