Monday, April 24, 2006

I'm Back....

The last few days have been a flurry of activity at our household. Aimee completed the final chapter of her life in Waterloo and I went to rescue and bring her home for at least the next two years while she completes her Masters at U of Toronto starting September. With that being said you can imagine that the items she had to complete her household in Waterloo have now come home to "roost" one might say.
Anyway, in order to accommodate her new chapter, Aimee purchased a lovely, couch like futon that will replace the queen-size bed in her room. This will hopefully provide her with sufficient room to install a desk in her room so that she has a private, quiet place to study if required. This will be picked up from Waterloo next Saturday and in the meantime Aimee will be doing the "CLEANSWEEP" of her room and trying to find storage space for all of her things. In the mean time they will live in the dining room, the hallway, up the stairs and in the upstairs hallway. Most of this will hopefully be accomplished by the time this Friday rolls around and Jennifer moves home after five years of University with all her stuff!

On Saturday, Jennifer, Aimee and I went to a conference for a little fun and relaxation. Our first session was with a key note speaker named Loretta that was funny and gave many fabulous little tidbits on eliminating negativity from one's life. She suggested that the first thing that everyone should do when waking up in the morning is to slowly open your eyes, put a smile on your face and announce with conviction..."I'm Back!!" and if you share your bed with someone, look over at them and announce "Well it looks like you are back too! No funeral planning for us today!!" This just struck me very funny and worthwhile! I think that on a whole we don't appreciate the fact that each day is precious and deserves to be lived to the fullest! Then we participated in 2 work sessions-first with renowned Medium John Holland from Boston. He discussed his experiences as a medium and went on to connect several people with their loved ones. He also was very funny and it was extremely interesting to be in a room seeing people being connected with loved ones. He was general in his comments at some times but very specific in others. After lunch, our second workshop was on past life regression with Denise Linn. This was very interesting and all of us got something different out of it. Our last keynote speaker was the wonderful Sylvia Browne. Her discussion in general was much the same as we have seen in the past and clearly she's getting old and intolerant. She had little patience for the people in the audience that were chosen to ask her questions. I think that will be my last time spending money to see her in person.

Sunday was spent catching up with Hubby, grocery shopping and relaxing.

I look forward to the time when, my own cleansweeping will be done and we can spend some down time relaxing in the backyard just doing nothing!!

Have a good week everyone!!
TTYL

3 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

I'd be too afraid I may sound disappointed if I woke up and told Neil we didn't have to plan any funerals today!!! (just kidding)

2:48 pm  
Blogger MP said...

Sometimes I don't want to be back, I get into major dream mode and really want to stay there for a little...I think if I annouced I was back J would think I just crawled back in the window lol :0)
Those girls of you have lots of stuff goin on don't they?

8:49 am  
Blogger B said...

I want to relax in a backyard too...


When I come visit you, am I going to be allowed to take a nap or two? I'm 10 kinds of crazy right now w/ the semester wrapping up, I might be 20 kinds by the time I meet you at the airport, and like a kid on a 24/7 sugar high...I might need a nap :P

11:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home