Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Fun, Fun, Fun.....

I honestly have to say, I never thought that I would be one of those people that forms friendships with people on the internet...These are things that I warn my girls about!
I mean honestly...how do you know that people are who they say they are blah blah blah...

Blogging is so different! While surfing the blogosphere you find all sorts of random people that open up their lives to you and how can you help but go back for more. These people often have something in common with you, have similar writing styles, similar views on the world and when you blog you generally do it for you..therefore it's a place to vent, share or maybe keep friends you know updated. It's not like a chat room that predators could be out there seeking out their next victim.

I have found so many people that I have come to know and love and frankly become interested in their lives. People that I admire their courage, their strength, their sense of humour and their wonderful talent for writing. I have found people locally, through other friends that blog and I have people I call friends from all over the world that I regularly peek into their lives for an update and they peek into mine!

I met Brianne over at Heather's blog. I was so intrigued by the fact that her name was the same as my youngest child that I started to read and one comment led to another and the next thing I know...hell, she's one of the family! Aimee's got to know her, hell we read Bri's blog and we need to discuss a) how fricking funny she is! b) what would we do in her place....Brianne has a writing style that draws you in, makes you feel warm and cozy and makes you wanna reach out and give her a hug! She's always fresh and funny, even when she's sad or annoyed.

I'm pleased to say that Brianne's arranged to come for a visit. It seems that Canada is her Dad's birth country and he has some relatives here in Toronto, that Brianne can visit while she's here. If you are Brianne's parents checking out to see who we are....well have a read,check out Aimee's blog and Heather's blog..I think you'll find we are pretty normal in most things. But feel free to shoot me an email, I'll send you my number and we can chat...I have three girls as well and I'd wanna know who my kid was going to visit! I promise we'll take good care of her!

We'll be looking for suggestions for fun things to do...Niagara Falls, CN Tower, exploring the U of T campus where Aimee is starting her Masters in September and working in the lab starting May 1st. Maybe the zoo...cause it's Jen's favorite place to go (depending on the weather) Any suggestions??

Let the planning begin!!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Firstly, my friends were talking about maybe doing Niagara for my birthday...so maybe we should make it a date and take everyone along...?

Secondly, I'm always up for the zoo, but not the canada section...it's boring and totally not worth the walk!

But um, all of this is happening during the week? when I have to work? or is it a weekend plan?

I just wanna make sure I don't get left out. You know how I am.... ;)

10:07 am  
Blogger MP said...

I wanna see Niagra Falls! :0(

11:09 am  
Blogger Colleen said...

Sounds like fun...count me in!!!

Maybe we could plan it on a Thursday night so I can skip 9-ball :)

11:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary Pat....you are always welcome!

11:44 am  
Blogger B said...

Linda! That's the nicest thing I've ever read that has to do with me! I'm speechless for well...the first time in a while.

I really don't know how to respond...other than thank you...which hardly seems like enough.

Though if you find me a mountie all dressed up in the red suit and the mount me hat.........you're getting a house on my island when I become famous

1:24 am  
Blogger Amy said...

going to check out this Brianne straight away.

I say come to the Hammer and see a movie at the movie palace.

www.themoviepalace.com

10:55 am  
Blogger blackcrag said...

Brianne was telling me about her upcoming trip north of the border. She wanted to know how far away Calgary was, thinking she might drive over some afternoon....

I suggest the CN Tower. How can she visit and not go to the CN Tower? I used to live in Ontario way back (I was born in North York), and I remember going up the tower with my family, with visitng relatives, on school trips... I have a lot of good memories of the Tower.

My buddy and his wife honeymooned in Toronto, and came back with pictures of themselves up the CN Tower. I was homesick as soon as I saw the pics.

So, definitely, definitiely, take Brianne up the CN Tower when she comes. She'll love it.

In an odd co-incidence, family friends of ours used to live in Oakville. We'd visit each other's homes on alternate holidays, spending the day together and sharing meals. Another place of good memories.

4:12 pm  
Blogger B said...

I obviously didn't realize that Calgary was THAT far away. It's not like I have a map of Canada taped to my wall or anything.... :P

I forget that sometimes...Canada stretches about as wide as the states do.....damn public school systems :)

8:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home