Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Meating the dealers!

No that wasn't a spelling error. Last night at pool I endeavored to prove to the whole community what carnivores we really are!

I've been really lucky and made some great contacts for people that have access to some of our family's favorite meat...cheap!

Hubby is a real sucker for all things hot! He tries out every new hot sauce on the market and when we find a spicy sausage it's a really good day for him!

At pool on Tuesday nights I meet with my regular dealer for Jerky...my family loves beef jerky and it's normally soooo expensive. This guy's brother in law makes it with love and care and the perfect recipe for spiciness and sells it for cheap. It could be compared to having a drug habit that a good dealer knows how to exploit. My guy sees me walk into the place, asks me how I'm doing and how much I need and I place my order. He even brings extra grocery bags so I can carry the product non-descript like through the pool hall! He's good!

My other contact gets us chourice and linguisa (both are types of hot Portuguese sausage)

Last night I left the bar with two grocery bags of our favorite meat and this morning my husband was kneeling before me when he got home from work..thanking me for being the BEST wife EVER!!!!

For the next few days I will be regaled in love and appreciation till the meat is gone!

2 Comments:

Blogger B said...

I love how you call the meat guy a dealer...because that's how I refer to the girl scout that I found that sells cookies in my neighborhood :)

2:12 pm  
Blogger Amy said...

My 'dealers' would be the local grocery store deli counter where I get proscuitto and salami, and the beauty supply store where I get hair stuff and moisturizers that rock my world.

11:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home