Monday, March 20, 2006

Just a big CRYBABY!

That's me! I'm just a big emotional crybaby!

We just finished March Break for the younger crowd and Brianne and Jen have been home all week and I've seen them on and off all week. Brianne spent her weekends babysitting for my girlfriend and Jen, well you know her she was at Boy's house most of the week. I mean let's face it, I have a busy schedule as well and it does make it hard to find alot of time.

Anyway, on Saturday I called Aimee (who had to stay in Waterloo studying for Lab exam and finish her thesis stuff) to see how she was doing. Aimee was sick. She also sounded cranky and when I offered to come for a visit she told me "no,never mind, I don't want you driving here by yourself at night. Wait till tomorrow and we'll see then." This was 6 pm. At 7pm she changed her mind and called and asked me to come the next day for sure. At 8 pm Jen and Matt came over to hang out and we changed her mind by calling and telling her we were coming! We piled into the car and arrived to visit an hour later.

We decided to go see a movie. This is where my crying started! We chose a Disney feel good movie called "Eight Below" OMG, this type of movie should be outlawed! It was a good movie, but frankly anything that makes you cry from beginning to end should be banned! I honestly spent more time crying than anything in this movie. I should have been doing a range of emotions, that's what I'm used to! Laugh a little, get a little angry, annoyed, excited...okay, even cry a little! But seriously, one hour and forty minutes of crying in a two hour movie...NOT SO FRICKING MUCH!

Anyway, after the movie we took Aimee grocery shopping to restock the pantry! My kid, the 85% vegetarian, had no fresh veggies, no fruit, no juice! NO wonder she wasn't feeling great!

So finally we said our goodbyes and when we left Aimee seemed in better spirits. She was smiling and had put down the razor!

All in all it was Mission accomplished and for me it was a opportunity to spend some time with the girls!

Have a good week everyone!!
TTYL

6 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

I totally want to see that movie...however, now I'll wait until I'm in the comfort of my own home so I don't have to worry about the people around me not being able to hear over my sobbing!!!

1:16 pm  
Blogger Colleen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:16 pm  
Blogger Aimee said...

Thanks for the visit mama dukes! It was exactly what I needed to boost my spirit and get me through another week.

I've decided that I have to come home this weekend (even if I have to work at home) for the sake of my mental health.

It's amazing how lonely you can get in just one week alone. I don't know how I would have handled my Masters anywhere BUT home :)

Thanks Again!!
xoxo

1:54 pm  
Blogger B said...

Yeah....I cried during that movie too when I took my cousins over Spring Break.

They should have warnings on them or something like that. Trying to hide your sniffling from a 4, 8, and 12 year old isn't all that easy.

11:08 am  
Blogger Amy said...

You are a great mamma, Linda.

And I gotta see that movie. Always like a good ole cry.

2:17 pm  
Blogger MP said...

You kill me! I cry over Hallmark commercials. I'm a mess when CBS does a Hallmark movie w/ ALL Hallmark commercials...big ole baby :0)

10:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home