Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Somebody once said...

"Oh...I may have my faults....being wrong just isn't one of them!!"


Oh wait that was me! I know I've said this before. So why is it that nobody fricking believes me when I speak?

DD3# was warned at the beginning of the school year that unacceptable grades in this academic year would lead to her mother (that's me) taking over control of her social, financial and scholastic life.

Well the not so stellar report came to me by way of the kind man that my grandpuppy barks at every day. We won't publicly humiliate the child as no good will come of that...let's just say....

"She's MINE, MINE, MINE ALL MINE!!!"


So upon receipt of the note, we calmly sat (we had company) and doled out the punishment. The list was long and brought significant tears! Tears that only a Mother Crocodile could love!

Fast Forward to this morning:

7:30 am
" Knock, knock on the front door"

Lo and behold, it is the young co-conspirator of the lovely GROUNDED grade 10 math challenged youth that I call "Baby"

It was a great way to start my day! Extending the punishment really doesn't hurt me at all!

Let's hope she gives up, gives in and pulls up her marks before Summer....Summer school will greatly inhibit her ability to hang out with friends.

2 Comments:

Blogger B said...

I seriously think our parents are related....because I've never met anyone else that finds entertainment in punishing their children ;)

"We do it because we love you..." If I had a quarter for everytime I heard that in reference to my math grade...well...I'd have a personal assistant and a golf cart for him/her to drive me around in.

6:21 pm  
Blogger MP said...

NOOOOOO Not summer school. That would totally suck! I was lucky, I didn't study or apply myself and got B's. For some reason that was acceptable...I was hardly ever grounded. My mom didn't ground me cause she knew she would be stuck with me..ALL DAY LONG... :0) memories

9:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home