Thursday, July 20, 2006

Kids really want to be kids!

I thought I was gonna get some really good stories to tell out of my little coo with the baby of the family......nope, not a hope.

The conversation kind of went like this....

Mom: So, you need to come home tonight.
Bri: WHY????
Mom: You need to come home so that you can get your laundry done, clean your room, walk over to the police station and get your police check done before you start volunteering at day camp starting Monday...
Bri: What do you mean??? police check?

Yeah, I had to explain to her that all volunteers needed to prove that they were not violent,drug offense sexual predators that would harm the children that they come into contact with. She was good with that, in fact her response was quite surprising.

Bri: Cool, okay well i'll get all that done and I start on Monday?

I couldn't believe it. I told her she had to commit to 3 weeks and she chose to commit for the balance of the summer.

Deep down she really is a good kid and I'm pretty proud of her, now if only I could get her to come home on time! Her Dad thinks it has something to do with her inability to count and pass a grade 10 math class...

I say that it's my Mother's hope that I had kids that were just like me!

So I'll keep you posted but my hope is that the good stories will come once she starts and I have to pull her by the ears to get her out of bed in the morning after missing her curfew the night before and I maintain my BEOTCH Mom attitude and tell her I care not if she's tired and she will get her tired cranky ass to day camp and be nice to screaming small children.....TeeHee

Ah the joys of parenting!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LoL Low Blow?
mom

4:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home