Tuesday, July 18, 2006

and EVERYONE must contribute!

Last week I gave my youngest lovely daughter an ultimatum....Find somewhere to volunteer your services for the summer this week or I will!

She didn't, so I did.

Starting tomorrow my baby will be volunteering at the Kerr St Ministries Day Camp. This is a wonderful organization that provides free day camp to children in our community that otherwise would not have the opportunity to attend due to cost. When Brianne was young and our situation was different (single mom, 3 kids, low paying job)she attended this camp.

Since she was too busy wasting her summer doing nothing but hanging out around the Kerr St. area....now she can do something productive for a change. Hopefully this will teach her some responsibility and give her the volunteer hours that she requires for her GED requirement.

I can't wait to tell her....this will only reinforce what a BEOTCH Mom I am.

I'm pumped!!

Happy Summer folks!

4 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

That's only fair - do something or it'll be done for you!!!

Hopefully she'll learn some good lessons while volunteering that'll help pull her head out of her butt where her schooling is concerned!!!

I'll look forward to hearing the stories this will produce!!!

1:15 pm  
Blogger Aimee said...

Oh, it's going to be good!

8:55 am  
Blogger MP said...

Good for you Linda..this is going to be a good story :0)
Bad mommy making her baby do something instead of sitting on her behind or at the pool!!

9:17 am  
Blogger B said...

ahh...another Brianne entering the summer hell...I mean, fantanbulous fun of summer day camp counseling.

sounds like a good plan to me :) maybe we can even trade stories about the horrible things that are called campers!!!

9:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home