Friday, July 21, 2006

Anybody want a 15 year old?

So in an attempt to get my wandering child off the streets we've enforced the day camp volunteering and in return she's become sullen and openly rebellious.

Last nights example of rebellion is such a prime example it's laughable (between me and the older girls)

The evening started off with Brianne asking if Lexxie the newest friend could spend the night at our house. Now I've met Lexxie's Mom and she seems nice enough and Lexxie seems nice enough. The girls are out and about and have strict orders to be home for 9:30pm. I want them back in the neighborhood....I'm not asking them to go to bed or anything, I just want them around the house, they can stay outside in the backyard, whatever. Clearly that wasn't good enough.

At 8 pm I got that call, can I spend the night at Jessica's (another friend of her's and Lexxie's). This is not the first time that the girls change their plans, usually Jess's mom comes and gets the girls and they hang out over there. So, me under the assumption that this is what's happening agree. I got home at around 9:30 from pool and the phone rings, it's Shannon, Lexxie's mom....

Hey Lin, How you doing?

Not bad, question is how are you?....(she's been suffering from Vertigo)

Oh, I'm okay...I really appreciate you keeping Lexxie another night!

Pardon me?? Lexxie here?

Yeah, she called me and told me it was okay with you.

Houston, we have a problem! I told Shannon that the girls had called and asked if they could spend the night at Jessica's....well, apparently Shannon had spoken with Laura and the girls hadn't even seen Jess all day!

I immediately hung up with Shannon and called the Hellion...

Hellion: Hello

MAM: (mad ass mother): Where are you?

H: Jess's

MAM: REALLY! That's interesting, Shannon just called and thanked me for keeping Lex another night....and when I told her that plans had changed and you were going to Jess's she told me that Jess hadn't seen or heard from you all day!

H: We're here Mom!

MAM: Call me from Jess's house phone now!

Waiting patiently for the phone to ring....1 min, 2 mins, 7 minutes...the phone finally rings

H: Hello

MAM: Let me talk to Jess's Mom

long silent pause

FJM (fake Jess's Mom) Hello

MAM: Hi who is this?

FJM: this is Jess's mom

MAM: REALLY, does Jess's Mom have a name??

very long pause

FJM: uhmmm...Laura, it's okay if the girls spend the night here...

MAM: yeah, I'm not really comfortable with this, let me speak with Bri please!

H: hello, so okay we'll be here and I'll be home early in the morning, okay?

MAM: ARE YOU FRICKING KIDDING ME? i'M NOT A FRICKING MORON! WHERE ARE YOU?

H: Mom, I'm at Jess's

MAM: I'm coming to pick you up, right now! Give me the address!

H: Mooom!

MAM: NOW!

whispering, but still heard by MAM...she wants Jess's address..what do i tell her now?

MAM: Brianne, WHERE ARE YOU? TELL ME RIGHT NOW!

H: okay I'm at Chris's down by the Mac's milk store on Lakeshore.

MAM: I WILL BE RIGHT THERE...DON'T MOVE EITHER OF YOU!

Lexxie went home to Shannon, Brianne suffered the long drive listening to me on the danger that she had put herself and Lexxie in, how disappointed I am in her and how she was permanently grounded until further notice.

Anybody want a 15 year old...Grandma?

I'm laughing about it now because my moronic child is safe at home and she didn't get away with it....but she has broken the circle of trust and now our lives will begin a new chapter of miserableness in the happy home!

Grandma...really want to try it again?

5 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Ah haha
And so it begins...

I'm ALL FOR pawning her off. I dunno what to do with her.
haha

aimee

10:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you talking to me? Or were you thinking of Memere? who is Chris? was she talked into this by Lexxie or Chris?
Time will pass---------
Mom

10:48 am  
Blogger Colleen said...

I'm so glad I can sit back and see how this all pans out - so that way I'll be more prepared for it if I ever have to endure the same shit!!!

Thanks for the life lessons my friend!!!

11:13 am  
Blogger MP said...

:0)
The crazy mind of a 15 year old. Yes, I did the same things BUT it was the 70's and 80's not quite as dangerous as now a days.

9:23 am  
Blogger B said...

oh snap.

i swear...you and my parents would get along famously--you all have a bull shit meter that is impossible to get past.

i'm really hoping that i get this gift once i have kids...

7:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home