Monday, March 21, 2005

Families Are Funny Aren't They!

This morning I got an email that seriously disturbed me. I always have had this fantastical thought that I come from a pretty close family...After this morning's email I realize that this is not the case. It's funny how an email with a simple baby picture can lead to the destruction of your concept of family relationship. I receive emails almost once a week from this cousin! Yes, I tell you, once a week, my cousin shares with me her latest repetoire of jokes...I mean really,let's face it, she comes from "The Great White North", where everything is at least 6 months behind so frankly there is never any new jokes...even some are repeats of stuff I sent her! Never once a mention of family, health, job or any other kind of news (a pet peeve of mine!)...suddenly this morning an email with pictures of her 3 1/2 month daughter! Yes...3 1/2 months old! How does one go 9 months + another 3 1/2 before announcing this blessed event! Were we waiting to see if she would be cute...SHE IS SO CUTE! I don't understand!!! I have other cousins that are far away and I never get anything more than a joke from them either! I have even gone so far as sending them an email updating what's going on in my little inconsequential world just to see what results I get! And the results are in: NADA-NOTHING-ZILCH! I don't know how we get so wrapped up in our own little worlds to the point where even an impersonal email update can't get sent say what?...once monthly to every family email address that we have...ah ha...maybe that's worth a shot...I'm gonna try that! The monthly family update to all those email addresses. It's gonna be a test to see how many people read the darn thing and see if anyone out there responds! I know that there will be some form of language barrier for some but I'll keep it simple at first and see how it goes..I mean they all speak english, surely there shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'll let you know how it goes! TTYL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home