Wednesday, February 16, 2005

All over a radio station

It's a proven fact that little thought is made for the actions we sometimes take! Take this morning as an example. It started out at 6 am, quite pleasantly I might add, with a wakeup nudge that moves me out of a dead sleep into the bitter reality of being an adult and having a job! Shower taken, lunch made, time to move to the car to begin the days journey. My husband Rob and I have very different tastes in music...I'm a little bit top 40's and he's a lot hard rock, punk and angry music. Can you see where I'm going with this......I made a conscious decision some weeks ago to find a station that is somewhat a compromise for us when we are both in the car...Rob used the car last and the station was on his very loud, angry hard rock station. The first thing I automatically did was change it to a station that both of us can usually tolerate. Snow removed, windows clean and interior warmed we headed for coffee. Just as we are making the move off the highway onto the off ramp he makes his move! He actually changed the radio station back to the station I despise and became totally insulted with me when I commented on it! He said it was all about choices! "That's why there are so many buttons on the radio, so one can have choices." I think he was surprised when I lost it!
He made a choice alright! A choice to piss me off first thing in the morning .....After seven years of wedded bliss you would think he'd recognize that I hate his angry music! IT MAKES ME ANGRY! Needless to say we started the day angry, all over a radio station!
On another note, my daughters' began to blog recently and both sent me their links so that I could keep up with their journal entries. It was interesting to read their ramblings. Aimee, I'm sorry if I hurt you with my comment....I honestly never meant to leave that thought in your head...sometimes it's just hard to know what is going on when you are far away. Jennifer, OMG tell boy to get some balls and come visit you....I really won't bite him unless you want me too! Anyway work is calling and another day begins......TTYL ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Mama,

Tell Robbie that if you can't comprimise on a radio station that you should comprimise on no radio at all. Then you spend the morning asking questions to eachother. It never hurts to get to know someone better...even after 7 years of marriage.

Aimee

9:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home