Saturday, February 19, 2005

Getting Started

Well I guess I'm starting over again....I had a wonderful blog done and went to edit something and lost everything. It sucks not knowing what you are doing at times. Oh well, it's all about continuous learning isn't it and I'm continuously learning! I started off this morning writing about the new journey I'm beginning today. Today I begin to take things (off) "One pound at a time!". The girls came home last night and Jennifer has managed to get me a complete set of the WW books for my reference, I going to begin the program on my own and see where it leads me. Thankfully the girls are home for reading week and have made it their mission to help get me started. I've set my first goal to be "fitting into the plane seat comfortably"for the trip to Vegas this summer. That's six months of "One pound at a time"! I may not be at goal weight but I bet I fit the seat more comfortably than last year. I'm actually looking forward to the journey! Anyway, along with the revised eating habits must come activity. I got myself a key to the gym at work and I'm going to use their treadmill. It's got a TV there that has the news and I can use that time in the morning to discover what's happening in the world. Hopefully all this will help fix the one health problem that really plagues me. Shortly after giving up my first vice, I started getting some problems that would make anyone sit up and think! The chest pains and the numbing in the left arm led me to believe that I had some serious health concerns. What more does a gal need to to know that its time to get to the Doc's. Many test's later and the conclusion is....no heart trouble, no cholesterol trouble, no triglycerides trouble...so hmmm what could be the trouble? Blood Pressure again! New dosage on one pill and the addition of two more....all combined with life's new journey and we are on the road to living life to its fullest. Apparently, I need to find a new way to deal with stress. We know how it used to be handled...but ahh no more! So I guess that's part of the reason I started blogging....a journal to share my ramblings...nice part, nobody has to read them, but they are out there for all and that kind of makes you feel like you are talking to someone! So off to my first cup of black coffee (cream is too many points). Have a great day! TTYL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home