Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Happy 16th Birthday Baby Girl!

Today is the day my Baby girl turns 16. I wanted to do a whole tribute to this kid but Blogger sucks and I couldn't post pictures.

So here it is without the photos.

16 years ago, on this day, my youngest child decided it was finally time to make it's way into the world. I was extremely happy that the day had finally arrived. For this baby I went into labour every Tuesday for a month. My Mom, God Bless her, would make her way out to the city I was living in to be there with me in labour. This was my biggest desire....to have my Mom there! Unfortunately, Mom was only able to come after the fact when I lived 500 miles away in Northern Ontario. This time only a 35-45 minute drive, depending on traffic and speed, I figured no problem. Well after a month of false alarms, we weren't banking on this time being the final time either. In fact, I went in at my normal morning time and the doctor was ready to send me home at 4 o'clock telling me there was nothing happening and this was gonna be another false alarm.

Forget that! I wasn't having any of that...This baby was going home in my arms not in my stomach! I sent baby's dad home to check on the older siblings and pick me up a coffee (Timmies of course)and I insisted that they put me on the monitor to see if there were any contractions. The doctor reluctantly agreed, hooked me up and proceeded to ignore me for a couple of hours. When the nurse checked back things had progressed and I was ready to push! "Call my Mom!" I screamed. "But it's long distance" they proclaimed. "Call her collect for christs sake, really she'll accept the charges I know she will! I want my Mommy!"
They called, Mom came, but by the time she arrived less than 40 minutes later, our lovely sweet little girl had arrived! In fact, while I was pushing the little bundle of joy out, her dad was arriving with my coffee (which he threw out when he heard I was delivering the baby without him! I should have known then-another reason we aren't together anymore!)

She came into the world with DRAMA and she continues to keep me hopping!

She's adventuresome, loves people and I don't think she's spent a weekend at home (except when she was grounded) since she was 4. She can make me laugh and cry in mere minutes! She's learned some valuable lessons from her big sisters(how to manipulate the adults in her life) and other lessons she's just ignored(like never lie to your Mom, she'll find out, hunt you down and apply punishment). She loves all things girly and small children just like her big sister Jen and she has her sister Aimee's sarcasm and sense of humour. She love's Rob's music and all other music. And me, well I'm her Mom and she has to love me!

I love you Baby Girl! Happy Sweet 16!

1 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

Sounds like it was a fun day :0)
Have a piece of cake for me!

4:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home