Wednesday, August 30, 2006

What...the end of summer? Already

Somebody once told me you shouldn't wear white after Labour Day weekend. The fact that Labour Day weekend is upon us has got me thinking about that. I don't think that I wore white as my main article of clothing except for twice this summer. Both times was the beautiful new white skirt I bought for myself on sale this month. Now, 3 days before the weekend, I'm feeling sad that I didn't wear white more often. Pretty dumb isn't it! I'm actually feeling melancholic about a stupid rule that I don't even think exists for the younger more well dressed and prettier crowds!

Should I give up the rules that I really think apply?? Should I don a mini skirt after 35 years of age? Should I go ahead and wear those stripes/polkadots/flowers that accentuate the not so positive?

Man...who'd have thought I would be so sad about something so silly!

This has been a summer of many emotions. The girls returned home after 5 long stressful years away at University. The adjusting began for those of us that remained at home. Bri suddenly had 3 Moms instead of one. Rob suddenly had to share the washrooms with 4 girls instead of 2. In July, Rob met his BirthMother and buried the man he called Dad. In August we renovated...new fence, new tiles and some still unfinished projects. Brianne tested her wings and got grounded. She began volunteering and that became a memorable summer experience.

September brings the end of summer but the beginning of many new things to come. Jen will continue her search for a teaching position, Aimee will start a new study path...that leads to a wonderful brilliant career in research and hopefully Brianne will find herself and succeed in grade 11. Rob and I will attempt to finish those projects and win the lottery!

Fall is a great season and with the cool temps comes the warm woollies, the sweats, warm fires and Baileys and Coffee!!

No reason to be sad! Load me up with that Bailey's and Timmies Coffee next to a nice little fire in my chiminea and things will be all good!

The tans will fade, but the memories will last forever.

Hope your summer was a great one!

TTYL

1 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

OK..cute cute cute..very cute!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Summer recap was nice..the change in seasons are always a wierd little time aren't they. I really like fall..I'm looking forward to sweats, blankies and sweaters. Love the changing trees too...

9:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home