Saturday, September 02, 2006

First day of VayK - wet and rainy but fun!

So today was my very first day of a 10 day vacation.

We awoke early to a fresh pot of coffee tanks to hubby and nce everyone was ready, hubby headed out to the trailer of the neighbours from hell in Shirkston Shores (where he is currently sitting in a boat, on land, drinking beer) for the weekend. The girls and I had decided to take a couple of days and do some day trips. First stop the CNE. Our plan was to visit the buildings for plenty of shopping and fun! That's my kind of shopping, new never before seen items that assist in making the household chores easier, cooking/chopping more fun and many tried and true products and tons of good deals on clothing if you shop at stores like Faireweather, Stitches and Urban Behaviour. We thought we'd check out the air show but that bastard Ernesto reaked its havoc and it rained all fricking day. The planes still flew and we managed to catch some of it when we were walking between buildings. The girls shopped till they dropped and Mom could take no more!

We decided that some chinese food and a movie at home wrapped in blankets was next on the list of need to do items and here I sit waiting for delivery.

We returned home to find that Ernesto is destroying my daughters ceiling with his fricking downpours...gonna have to call a roofer! Then we're gonna have to focus on fixing that mess! We're not the only people having this type of problem, I know and really I guess the damage to our house is slight compared to what has happened to the South of us....but really come on! I hate this!

Our plan was to go to Buffalo NY U.S. of A tomorrow, but oldest daughter left her purse at the cottage three hours away and has to wait till Monday to get it back when Matt's brother brings it down. No problem, afer all the walking we did today...I think everyone is olay staying closer to home..maybe even staying at home!

Anyway, hope your first day of the last long weekend of the year is treating you good!

I'll keep you posted on the many adventures of the next 10 days, hopefully they are eventful, relaxing and rejuvanating (except for the 2 conference calls I have this week..cause they can't live without me, the bstards!)

TTYL!

1 Comments:

Blogger B said...

woo hoo to vacations!

4:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home