Thursday, April 14, 2005

SOOoooo Bitter

This week has been very difficult for me to find any joy in the good things that happen to people I know....in fact I really have been struggling to remain civil with those that choose to share their wonderful news with me. I am absolutely mortified by my behavior and have chosen this venue to seek forgiveness for myself!

Everyone around me is experiencing the general renewal that happens in Spring. The neighbor's from hell have not to date finished the outside of their house due to financial setback of him losing his job, and them running out of cash on the loan the refinancing of the house provided. I get to look at the papered framing of the addition and the old siding and mess in their backyard, with the dog that never shuts up...yet somehow they find the money to purchase a brand spanking new 2005 Ford Mustang and a very expensive beautiful leather couch set with granite tables to match. I'm struggling with justifying buying paint for our main floor to keep the house looking fresh and relatively clean and my kid is setting us up for TV charity to get the basement remodelled (see previous blog)! Another acquaintance at work mentioned that she was buying a new car, a high end sedan convertible...now there's a hardship....try a 16 year old minivan that has one working window (passenger side) one working door (driver's side...the passenger door opens from the inside only, the sliding door from the outside only and the back hatch door not at all since the opening mechanism broke in a cold snap this winter) no air conditioning or heat (motor of the fan died sometime near the end of March..thank goodness for warmer weather). I sent another friend an electronic birthday card and when she wrote to say thanks for the card she explained she had spent her birthday in New Orleans! (tough place to spend a b-day....my dream vacation is Mardi Gras in New Orleans) At lunch I ate my soup too fast and I got that real hot feeling in my chest from swallowing too much and a co-worker mentioned how she got brain freeze from her Margueritas in Mexico on her vacation that she just came back from yesterday. Are you getting my drift!!!!

Man it's easy to feel sorry for yourself and real hard at times to keep your eye on the good things in life! Wonderful husband, Fabulous Daughters, great job, cute little home, a mini van that starts just about every time I turn the key and best of all a sense of humor that remains in tact despite the little hardships that enter into our everyday life!

So....DEEP Breath.....in with the GOOD and out with the BAAAAD! For those of you that have great things going on, it's truly momentary jealousy and I really wish you all the happiness you deserve!
That's better, onward and upward!
TTYL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home