Wednesday, April 20, 2005

C'mon Now- a little free enterprise never hurt anyone...did it?

You know I'm always surprised at people and their reactions to someone else's good idea....For example, someone from my hometown, registered the new Pope's name as a domain name on the web and put it up for sale on ebay. Minimum bid is $100,000 US. Ingenious I say! Hell, I wish I had thought of it! This individual may not sell the domain name but hell, certainly worth a shot! Anyway, my surprise in this is not his forward thinking(he bought the domain name in February), but the comments that he is receiving on the ebay site! OMG, people are freaks! One person went as far as to say that this individual was shaming his town, province, country! I mean really..c'mon! Get a life people! Kudos to the seller though, he calmly responds that basically each to his own where opinions go. And we all know that opinions are like A**holes, everyone has one! Anyway on that note another item that has really disturbed me this week is that I received an email to pass on (i get lots and they don't usually bug me) and I just couldn't put my name to it. It's kind of on the subject of free enterprise but not.... The email in question was asking me to sign a petition to stop the production or showing of a film about a recent tragic event in the province of Ontario...the brutal sexual abuse and slaying of Kristin French and Leslie Mahaffy.
I really could not bring myself to sign it. Not because I don't agree that it was horrendous in every way, that it is not painful for the parents of these lovely young ladies that lost their lives so brutally or their neighbours and friends..but really people, have you turned on the TV lately? Law and Order, CSI, many movies such as The Chainsaw Massacres, The Boston Strangler etc...they are all based on the brutal abuse, murder of someones mother, brother, sister, aunt or child! Think Son of Sam, Boston Strangler, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer and John Wayne Gacy to name a few. All of these people had victims and movies have been made and books have been written about their terrible crime sprees and their victims...
I'm certainly not saying it's right or wrong but people have a right to know and if you don't wanna know don't spend the $12 to go to the show...don't buy the book. Free choice people!
Anyhow, that my friends is my opinion and I have a right to it. Will I go see the movie if it comes out....Probably not...
On my original subject of free enterprise...GO FOR IT! Great idea, I hope it sells!
TTYL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home